“Not fancy, but good food for good price”
Review of Central Restaurant

Central Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Portree
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our dollars were being stretched by the meal prices in Scotland. I asked advice at the Tourist Information and this hotel restaurant was suggested. Also, most placed do not serve supper until 6 pm and we were starving at 4:30 pm, due to skipping lunch. This place honors lunch menu all day long, and all prices were good. We ate there our two nights in Portree and were pleased each time.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Well there was 9 of us and we were ready to eat, and I have to say the staff went out off their way to make us able to all sit together. the menu was a little unexciting but we all did find something. The staff were very young on duty but they were polite and efficient and they were able to keep us all happy enough.
The place is a bit spartan and some background music might do a bit but really at the end we wahted a meal at a resonable price and this worked.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We made a stop here for a quick bite to eat. The food was not great but the real kicker was the owner's begrudging attitude. My friend plugged in her cell phone for 15 minutes and was charged £5 - more for electricity than lunch. The place was up a flight of stairs and had little ambience which was only reinforced by the experience.

4  Thank Anne D
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After a long day traveling my group of 4 stopped at this restaurant for lunch. The food was tasteless and luke warm and the soup was watered down and very runny. Our bill for 2 was around 10 pounds but added to it by an abrupt, nasty and unpleasant manager or owner was an extra 5 pounds for the electricity that we used (which was no more than 20 mins) to recharge our iPhone. We have no problems paying something for the use of the electricity but 5 pounds delvered the way it was - so abruptly with attitude- especially when we all ate there... If you want good food and a good experience in Protree I would strongly recommend you explore other restaurants who want customers and understand what customer service is.

2  Thank Pauline L
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Now, I've seen the other reviews for the Central Restaurant but I'd have to disagree. The food I had(burger and chips) was actually very nice, maybe I got a good batch, and a few of my friends agree on this. The service was wonderful with very nice waitresses and didn't feel neglected like you can do in some restaurants. Give it a shot I'd say!