Coolin View Guest House
Portree Hotel(Portree)
  • Restaurant
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstop floornice guesthouseisle of skyea couple of minutes walkharbour viewunderfloor heatingportree harboursingle roomfree wifirooms are smallgreat breakfasttea and coffeefantastic locationbeds were comfortableother guestsbreakfast is servedconvenient location
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Not sure really why people are complaining- Skye is often overpriced and crowded sadly, but this place although small did what it set out to do- clean, warm, well placed, excellent service (Mila this time) rooms are smallish but it's a guest house not a hotel, and on Skye you shouldn't be in your room that much! Clean, tidy (my life is too short to worry about age of curtains etc!) good breakfast, good value, lovely view, warm, welcoming staff. Wifi only really available downstairs, and as on all the highlands and islands a bit slow - no 3G up here! (We live on Arran. ) to be honest probably not for you if you've got young kids, but otherwise a great wee place.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank standingstone77
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked for two nights but only stayed one. If we had not pre-paid for the first night we would not have stayed at all. Our greeting by the reception person was very rude and all she was interested in was getting immediate payment for the second night - she didn't get it!
Room was OK but bed and pillows were very tired. Breakfast was very basic and the breakfast room was very small and over-crowded.

Room Tip: Don't stay at Coolin View
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Russ M
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The building was great, with a great view, however apart from the girl who was hired to run the place who made an effort, it was disappointing. The room was small, bathroom not properly cleaned, curtains, carpet and linen looked like they all needed a good tidy up or replacing. Wi-Fi was shown as available throughout, however we were told and it work out that it was unavailable on the third level. Breakfast was good, but out weighed by the minuses. A good project for the Hotel Inspector to bring back up.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at coolin view guest house recently and i thought it was fantastic. The girl (Britney i think her name was) who welcomed me in to the guest house was extremely polite and very accommodating. She offered to carry my bags up to my room for me which i was glad of as i have a bad back, she also told me a few places that were good to have dinner and a drink. (i was starving at this time so i appreciated this information). The room was the perfect size for just myself and even though i have read previous comments about uncomfy mattresses i thought mine was extremely comfy. The view from the room was outstanding. (even if it was a little rainy outside). The breakfast was good, the woman who was serving was also very polite but seemed like she was in a bit of a rush i think she could have done with some help. There was a good selection of yoghurts and fruit which was good and you could help yourself to tea and coffee and juice from the jugs provided. I only stayed at this guest house for 1 night but i wish my stay was longer. I cant to wait to go back and visit again. I will certainly stay for longer next time. Thanks to all the staff at coolin view guest house for making my stay there as lovely as it was.

Room Tip: Have a room with a sea view if possible, as its a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank 97little_chicken_13
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We chose this B&B because of its convenient location in Portree and its sea front view. We were not disappointed. Its just a short walk to various restaurants. Sunrise & sunset views of the Portree Harbour were stunning. There is no lifts & the room is basic but comfortable. The lady preparing breakfast was very friendly & helped us in our early check out. Food was standard , dining room not big but comfortable. Wont hesitate to recommend this B&B to others.

Room Tip: Try get a room with seaview
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family