“Fabulous food at a great price”

The Isles Inn Pub & Hotel
Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Portree
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I recently spent four nights in Portree. As the restaurant at The Isles was the first place to eat on the way into town from my guest house, I decided to try it on my first night. The food was innovative, well-cooked, nicely presented and very reasonably priced. I liked it so much that I didn’t bother trying anywhere else - I just ate there every night. So if you’re tired of the usual offerings of fish and chips, and other culinary horrors, try The Isles. You won’t be disappointed!! Just don’t forget to book

islesinn, Manager at The Isles Inn Pub & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thankyou for leaving us a lovely review I am delighted you enjoyed your meals, hopefully we shall see you again..

There are newer reviews for The Isles Inn Pub & Hotel

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Our driver recommended this spot and we're glad we ate here. Food was beautifully presented and it was very good. Cozy pub. Waitress wasn't overly fast or friendly but nice enough. MUST HAVE: Hagis, Neeps & Tatties...really good!

Thankyou for leaving us a lovely review I am delighted you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We went to Portree for 3 weeks to get a job done. At evenings we enjoyed the great atmoshare and excellent food in Isles Inn Pub.
The stuff was very friendly and we felt welcome like home.
Our server Angie was amazing . She always give us a smile and kept us well informed about local events and attractions.
Thank you guys for the great time we had in Isles Pub !! We will be back.

Thank you so much for your review, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was the worst half meal me and my partner ever had!!!
We ordered a few starters from the menu and it was truly disgusting.
The 'locally sourced squid' was reprocessed rubber rings, extremely bad quality and from a frozen food shop.

The Cullen skink was just mushed potatoes with ONE flake of fish presented on a dirty plate with massive fingerprint stains. It was like someone had taken it out of the microwave dipped a finger in soup and touched the plate...Disgusting.
The Haggis pakoras were full of burned oil and rotten salad leaves.
The mussels were just swimming in tasteless unseasoned double cream.
I would give a minus ten if I could.
We also heard the microwave 'ding' couple of minutes before our disappointment was served. What a treat!!!!

islesinn, Manager at The Isles Inn Pub & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Seriously! You put the exact same review on twice which in its self is suspect. Have you actually read our menu? Nowhere does it say locally sourced squid rings, really - on the isle of skye! It actually states crispy deep fried squid rings served with salad. So you presumed your food was microwaved even though the squid is deepfried, the mussels are cooked in white wine & garlic on the stove and the skink is taken from a pot on the stove, the haggis pakora is also fried, as you are well aware. I would apologise if I thought you had a valid complaint but I know exactly who you are and you don't!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We came here to eat whilst staying in a nearby B&B. We were seated quickly and orders taken, but unfortunately our order got misplaced and over an hour later we finally managed to get some food. The one guy working the restaurant was working damned hard! And when the mistake was discovered he was quick to rectify it and very apologetic, plus gave us starters and drinks free. The food, when it did arrive was tasty but not outstanding. Not a bad place, and we understand mistakes do happen, but I probably wouldn't eat here again.

islesinn, Manager at The Isles Inn Pub & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Apologies your order was misplaced, but as soon as the mistake was realised, rectified, after checking from the moment of order until the moment of delivery of food it was 50 minutes, which again I can only apologise again for. I am sorry that you would not eat with us again, the waiter did the correct thing and gave you your starters and drinks complimentary.