“Excellent stay at Seaforth”
Review of Seaforth Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Seaforth Cottage
Ranked #25 of 91 Portree B&B and Inns
Chennai (Madras), India
“Excellent stay at Seaforth”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We, a group of 9 adults and a 1 kid, stayed in Seaforth for 1 night. All I can say is that the place is excellent and with outstanding service provided by Mr.MacKinnon. I would highly recommend this place. You get excellent view of the Portree bay. Mr.MacKinnon was kind enough to provide us three rooms and also the self-catering cottage and all of these at a very competitive price. The place has private parking space, the breakfast was good and we wanted to start early and Mr.MacKinnon said that breakfast would be ready any time that we wanted. He also allowed us to use his kitchen. Final verdict - I would highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The self-catering cottage is a value for money proposition and I would highly recommend it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed in Seaforth Cottage recently, in a tour with Rabbies. The experience was simply amazing and the word perfect is what can fully describe this specific B&B. The room was amazing, with incredible view. It was very clean, with warm and cozy linens and blankets and contained everything we needed (even a hair dryer). Mr MacKinnon gave us a friendly welcome, was very kind and offered to drive us to the city centre whenever we wanted. There was always a table with various flavors of tea, milk and some sweets for the customers to be treated. The breakfast was delicious. We were offered a filling dish of all the scottish goodies (eggs, bacon, potato scones, haggis, black padding and of course the delicious mushrooms). Apart from this dish we had a variety of milk, juice, cereal, yogurts etc to choose from. Everything was absolutely PERFECT! And all these facilites were provided in a very reasonable and affordable price. If I ever make it to the Isle of Skye again, I will go to this B&B without second thought. Thank you Mr MacKinnon for everything. It was the best place I've ever lived in during holidays.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GiotaKesidou
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is my first time to visit Skye. At the beginning, I worried about accommodation's quality, but in fact, it exceeded my expectation!! Ian is very kindness and thoughtful, he provided a lovely room for me, it's comfortable and cozy and has wifi and lots of socket. In addition, the best thing is when I got up and the most beautiful scenery just in front of me! I still remember the delicious breakfast and I really want to go to Skye and stay there again!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Gwen H
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I traveled through Robbies tour so I've been stay there for 2 nights. Actually robbies make a mistake for my accomadation but Ian who runs the B&B give me so many help. I really enjoy to stay there. It's a warm, cozy, comfy and friendly place. Also enjoy the full scottish breakfast cook from Ian(espcially mushroom!!! my favorite!!!). Love it and highly recommend to stay here just relax and enjoy everything!!!!! Btw the seaview was awesome to(but really depends on the weather, my last day was sunny soooooo beautiful)!!! Just see the photo i take!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank YuChiaoCheng
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at Seaforth for 3 days, and, it was simply perfect in a number of ways --
1. The host Ian is a gem of a person, most helpful, and took great efforts to help us plan our trip and visits around Skye... he gifted us maps and books and information which was super useful. Also went out of the way to prepare vegetarian breakfast for us. Overall, the most warm treatment we received from amongst the 6 B&Bs we stayed in across Scotland
2. The location is great... right in the midst of the town, 3-5 min walk from the restaurants, yet quiet, and by the lake shore
3. The B&B offers the best sunrise views we saw in skye... simply magical
The property is neat and clean. Room is not very large, but, comfortable enough, and, the size is worth trading off for the view
I would strongly recommend this property in Skye, cannot go wrong !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dhyanesh S
Holliston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Although we stayed at the Seaforth in April of 2013, I still wanted to write a review. It was superb and charming and made a lasting impression on our vacation. We (my husband and 21yr old daughter and myself) were part of a Raabies tour of the Isle of Skye. Ian made us feel welcome from the second we met him! The rooms were comfy and clean and the breakfasts had almost everything you could think of. He is an excellent cook! The view overlooking the water made this probably the most desirable B&B, not to mention the double rainbow over the water when we arrived! We would highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Sorry it took so long the write this review. The place is really fantastic! We were a family of 4 with Rabbie's highland explorer tour and it's the best place we've stayed during the entire trip. The house got beautiful sea views and the rooms were cozy. And it even got Chinese TV channels, which was nice as my parents don't speak English. Our host Ian is quite thoughtful. We've stayed in a lot of B&B and usually they don't provide and shampoo's and shower lotions. In Seaforth Head&Shoulders and Pears were provided in bath rooms. It was just like staying at home. We could help ourselves with drinks and snacks and Ian also allowed us to use his kitchen to cook our meal as my parents were not quite used to local food. I even learnt a few Garlic from Ian. Very pleasant experience and definitely recommend.

Room Tip: One of the room upstairs got the best view of the sea and port. You can watch sunrises inside your r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family