“Was okay”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My partners starter (samosa) was cold when served although I had no issue with mine and tasted okay (aloo pakora)
The mains weren't the best
The waitress was really friendly and polite however there seemed to be a bit of a language barrier

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The restaurant is very dark and didn’t have much ambiance to it. The menu was a little odd as it had a lot of choices to choose from which got confusing at times. If you have that many options at one restaurant that tells me that they specialize in very little. This ended up being the truth, unfortunately.

The waiter was quick to take our order, but four other groups came in after us and it took over 40 minutes for the waiter to take their order. One couple left during that time as they did not want to wait. After ordering, it took over an hour for us to receive our food to which we were surprised to see how small the portions were. Also, our meals were almost all sauce with very little protein so our meal basically consisted of rice and sauce for twice the price you would pay in many other Indian restaurants.

I have to say I felt pretty badly for the waiter. He was the only server on staff the night we were there and between in house customers and take out he was completely in the weeds. He really was very polite and apologetic to us, so we were not upset as it wasn’t his fault. What was odd was that the owner, an older woman who sat in the corner, did nothing to help her staff out. As stated, some diners left, two other complained about the wait time and another couple complained about the food quality and still, the owner did nothing but read her newspaper. It is obvious she does not know how to run a business and is living off of the naiveté of tourists
A few other points: the bathrooms are pretty disturbing and are rarely cleaned appropriately which is not what you want to see in a restaurant, especially if the staff is using those facilities. Also, as we were leaving, we noticed the waiter dumped out a used glass from one of the tables he recently cleaned and then refilled it with ice water without washing it and gave it to another customer. Completely unsanitary.

4  Thank CuriousBinky
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We went in this restaurant after a long tiring day after visiting isle of skype. We were 2 couples and two children and my fren requested us to go to have some indian food as we were only on sandwiches for 2 days. As soon as we went there, it was empty and one of the waiters came and literally threw all the menus on the table. My friend got really angry and my wife just asked me to get out of the restaurant. I calmed them down thinking that the things would change but instead it got worst and I asked them if they treat the customers like this. They called the manager and 3 of them started arguing with us. We went out bcoz my little daughter of 4 started crying. They came to the door like they were going to fight with us.
Im not making any storey or want to ruin the business. I hope this has changed now but I couldnt stop to write bcoz when we talk about this resturant. We still get angry.
We didnt eat of course and left. What a horrible experience for us. First time in life.

2  Thank Nawa M
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've been here twice now. Two new years in a row on holiday in Portree.

First year was a takeaway, this year was a sit in.

The place is DEAD. Both times the place was deserted and the elderly lady who owns it was the only other person in the place both times I was there (she just seems to hang around, as she doesn't work there).

The menu is full of spelling mistakes and they have taken a biro pen and comprehensively amended each and every menu that they have (see photo). Saying that, the place is so dead they probably only need about twenty menus at the very most.

The guy that served us was a bit weird but was friendly enough.

The food took AGES to arrive. We were dying by the time it all arrived.

Once it did arrive though it was fantastic and I wolfed every bit of it.

I'll go again next year... because, well, there's hardly anywhere else to go and it's becoming a tradition. It's nothing like as bad as some of the reviews on here suggest though - the food really was excellent.

I wouldn't want to miss seeing the old lady again either.

1  Thank manparadigm
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Poor effort. Walked in, no customers, no music. We ordered food, which was evidently rushed, tasteless and overpriced. Wont be going back.

4  Thank RickyLeeds