“What a nice surprise!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We arrived late and not one restaurant was open except this one. What a pleasant surprise. Waiter helped us order delicious dishes. Nice staff---Would definitely go back!

1  Thank kserasera7474
There are newer reviews for Prince of India

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We visited this Indian while staying on Skye, my partner loves Indian food and always seeks out an Indian where ever we go! This is obviously a converted pub, very tired and dismal inside. The service left a lot to be desired and the food absolutely abysmal. We started with Poppadums and dips, I have never seen dips like these, it looked like the mango chutney, a fair simple staple on a dip tray, had been thinned down! And the other dips also very poor, and not cheap! All in all one to avoid!

4  Thank Debbie R
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This excellent Indian restaurant is tucked away down a small street next to the tourist info office. Very pleasant atmosphere and a great selection of well prepared dishes. Service was friendly and low key. You can also get carry-out.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I visited the Prince of India tonight with my family, being none too familiar with Indian cuisine I was prepared to order the only thing I new I liked - Korma - however with a little persuasion I selected a dish I had never tried before, lamb tikka Malaya , it was delicious as were all the dishes chosen, however I would like to make others aware that little extras offered can add quite a bit to your bill, such as the dips served with pompadoms are extra. The staff were polite and attentive but not intrusive. The only complaint I would have is that the toilets need a bit of attention, they were acceptable but only just.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I havr eaten in lots of curry houses all over the UK and this one was awful, overpriced food and drink slightly warm curry sauce with reheated tough chicken and we were billed for poppadoms that we didn't order the interior is worn and dated....
In conclusion the food is fit for a prince only if prince is your pet dog and he would probably turn there nose up at the chicken tikka balti and shashlik that we were served up

7  Thank Rob D