“INSULT TO INDIAN FOOD”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have just returned from Skye, my husband, daughter and son-in-law we love Indian food and I had picked up a menu from the Tourist information so we decided to order a takeaway, we had rented a cottage at Borve my daughter ordered the food and was told it would be ready within the hour, the cost of the bill we totalled at pennies off of £58 so my daughter went off to collect, on her return with the said carry out all of us were so looking forward to having our meal, oh how we were wrong on that score firstly the amount of food was a disgrace, a childs portion at our local Indian resturant contained more, and the quality of the food was absoulutly disgusting as my title say's an insult to Indian food, Asda do a more authentic meal than this rubbish, plus I could have bought 3 meal deals for the price of their carry out. Have informed Tourist centre.

3  Thank Brenda F
There are newer reviews for Prince of India

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant is really not nice, the staff are very rude and abrupt, the service is really slow and the food is awful.

4  Thank Pugabou
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I do not have the vocabulary to sufficiently describe how bad this place really is. This is the yardstick by which bad restaurants should be judged. Indolent, ignorant, rude staff. On entering premises were told that pram should be moved from doorway - as we were pushing it through door! Took over 40 minutes before someone came to take order and another 20 before drinks arrived. Soft drinks were all flat and from 2 litre bottles. Starters came on one plate and were then individually distributed onto our plates. I recieved 4 pieces of luke warm chicken with 'salad' - clearly de frosted cucumber. The chicken tikka mas was literally 5 thimble size pieces of chicken floating in a tasteless red gravy. The other dishes were as bad or worse - a particular 'highlight' being the jalfrezi chicken - again very little chicken and what appeared to be boiled onions!
I cannot understand positive reviews on ta - either restaurant has written them or reviewers were insensibly drunk.
Please dine elsewhere and save yourself from this harrowing experience. A microwaved Indian meal from co op is a far better proposition. In fact being water boarded would've have been a more pleasant evening.

6  Thank Spartan185
Reviewed September 1, 2012

It is not Indian food at the first place. The shortage of staff made it hell for us. Total waiting time (from the moment we entered the hotel to we actually got food in our plate) for us was almost 2 hours. First they kept us waiting outside, then at the table for giving order, then after a long wait of one and half hours we could actually place our order. Even after that, our sufferings did not end. The food was pathetic. I am a strict vegetarian, hence, I ordered a veg dish. They, by mistake, served me a chicken dish. And when we brought to their notice, instead of apologising, the waiter rudely answered, "after eating four chicken pieces you are telling me this". What a disgusting behaviour. Strictly 'NO' for this restaurant. Instead carry a sandwich or bread and survive.

4  Thank Maggi B
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Not as bad as painted in some of the reviews and certainly not as good as in others too. We came at lunch time. Service was reasonable - there was only one other table full. Our dishes tasted a bit different - Garlic Chilli Chicken, Korma, Tarka Dhal, Aloo Saag etc - but were not very spicy, rather generic and miles away from what you would get somewhere decent. Drinks are expensive and I resent paying £1.95 for a chapati the size of a side plate - so almost £6 for the standard three! Decor is throwback Indian restaurant.

2  Thank Sonofabob