“Lovely stay”
Review of Kiltaraglen House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Kiltaraglen House
Ranked #15 of 95 Portree B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend and all I can say it was a great stay! Staff was so friendly, our room (the double with shower) was beautiful and the breakfast was delicious. I have absolutely nothing to complain about - would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kiltaraglen, Owner at Kiltaraglen House, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Great to know that you would come back and stay with us again! Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards from us all.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Never left a review on Trip Advisor before but felt I had to since my husband and I had such a good time! Kiltaraglen was such a great place to stay while we were away. Pam and her family are so friendly and welcoming. Felt like I was visiting family! We stayed in the Garden Wing which was very spacious and comfortable. Beautifully decorated too and everything we needed was there. Was a great base for us exploring the island and we will definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kiltaraglen, Owner at Kiltaraglen House, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are all so glad you had a lovely stay! The weather really does help though, so hopefully you will be lucky on your next visit too. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

3 of us where over in Skye to get some photography done. We had the garden cottage and the annex and it was perfect. The accommodation was very clean and warm and comfortable. Pam was very welcoming and we appreciated the little touches that made our stay. The weather was not so accommodating and having the freedom of the cottages was brilliant. We will be returning. I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shirley D
Kiltaraglen, Owner at Kiltaraglen House, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review.

I have not responded sooner as I was on holiday myself (In London!) but we are all delighted you enjoyed the accommodation. The gales and rain have continued since you left, but I was so pleased that on your last morning at least the sun did appear for the sunrise! I hope you managed to get some great pictures and we would very much like to welcome you back to Kiltaraglen in the future. Hopefully, you will be able to see more of the sunshine on your next visit.

Best regards from us all. Pam, Kevin, Calum and Rachel.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I got married in Edinburgh and spent 17 days traveling around Scotland and England afterward and this was the best place we stayed on our entire trip. The hospitality and food were lovely and we have no complaints regarding our time there. We got hit with the only bad weather on our trip while in Skye, but we had a cozy place to retreat to from the rain when it got to be too much. This was a nice and relaxing follow up to the hectic crowds of festival time in Edinburgh.

Would absolutely stay there again the next time we find ourselves in Skye.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nick N
Kiltaraglen, Owner at Kiltaraglen House, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thanks for your review. What a pity that we didn't know that you had just been married! We do try to make the stay a bit special if we do. I will pass on your comments to Calum and Rachel and thanks for staying with us. What a great opportunity to celebrate your anniversaries on Skye in the years to come. I do hope our paths cross again and every good wish for your future together!

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Prior to arriving at Kiltaraglen, Pam our host couldn't have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.

Upon arrival this remained the case as she showed us into our cosy and bright accommodation. We had both been seeking an escape from busy lives and work but also a place to cook and relax. The self catering accommodation was excellent for that. Although sat by a larger house we felt completely detached and the window placements ensure this. We loved having breakfast in our own conservatory and relaxing in the jacuzzi bath.

I would come back here in an instant. It was an ideal retreat for a couple seeking some romance but also time away. Portree is close enough to run and get the paper but far enough away to not be affected by it's bustle. Pam is a wonderful host and though helpful she kept well out our way once we were in our accommodation.

I cannot rate Kiltaraglen highly enough. It made the holiday.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kiltaraglen, Owner at Kiltaraglen House, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and would come back.
It's heartening to know that you enjoyed the accommodation and knew we were on hand, but that we hopefully got the balance right and you were left to enjoy the peace and quiet.
We very much hope to welcome you back. Best regards from us all meantime.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Three of us guys stayed in the self catering cottage for four nights. Our trip to Skye entailed photography, walking, good dining and the taking of a few beers. This family was so friendly, the cottage was beautiful, spacious, warm and comfortable and contained everything you could need. A walk to the town is about 10 mins. I highly recommend staying here. We shall definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Kiltaraglen, Owner at Kiltaraglen House, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thanks guys, and thanks too for leaving the place so clean and tidy. It is so much appreciated this end! If there was a TripAdvisor for guests you would get our gold star too!

We look forward to seeing you again at some point and we hope you got some cracking pictures! I'm confident there will be at least one of a rainbow!

Best regards

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I spent several nights at Kiltaraglen House in Portree, Scotland, on the Isle of Skye. Our accommodations were clean, comfortable, and modern. The hosts were most hospitable & accommodating, and they gave us two wonderful suggestions on local restaurants, as well as other helpful advice about traveling around Skye. The breakfasts were great---hearty and well-cooked. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kiltaraglen, Owner at Kiltaraglen House, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thanks Mary, it is great to know you enjoyed your stay. We too hope that our paths will cross at some point in the future. Best regards from us all.