“Expensive and disappointing”
Review of Viewmount

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portree
Viewmount
Ranked #48 of 92 Portree B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Expensive and disappointing”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were booked into this B&B by our tour company Timberbush. it proved to be quite expensive (much dearer than Edinburgh).
Unfortunately we had asked for twin beds but this consisted of a double room with a single fold up bed put into the room. There was no bedside table or reading lamp for the second bed. When we asked for a proper bed for an adult they provided us with a blow up bed!
The next night they put us into another room with proper beds in the main house. This was an improvement but still no bedside table or reading lamp for the other bed.
For breakfast we were given specific times as there was insufficient seating for the whole house.
Overall the staff were friendly and the service was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Very nice room with large bathroom. Clean and well appointed. Plumbing quirky but worked! 10 min walk to town. Owners were helpful and very friendly. Wifi available but was patchy in room. Better in lounge room downstairs.

• Stayed September 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed August 16, 2012

the hotel is 10 min walking from the centre of portree. Offering very good conditions for B&B hotel. The owners are very nice people. They do not accept credit cards. For two days stay it is perfect. Please mind that without reservation it is almost impossible to have dinner in Portree best restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012
ontario
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I left Scotland at 16yrs old. My husband surprised me with a trip to my homeland 46yrs later! This is one of the best places we stayed!! They are wonderful people, very caring, very aware of making your stay the best they can make it for you! They provided all the food I have missed over the years and the Scotish charm I remember!! Thankyou Christine for such a wonderful memorable visit!!!

Anne and Tom Stewart

Room Tip: There is no pool, but I checked excellent so they would have the full excellent they deserve. Any ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our very first B&B styled accomodation and we are truly happy.
We stayed in the Woodside accomodation and occupied the top floor- 2 family rooms.
The host was very friendly, and I remembered Mr Ian saying that, if needed just lock your own room and they will keep the main door open all the time. It is that safe! just loved that.

Breakfast was lovely, english breakfast with toast, summer fruits, yogurt, juice, cereals, coffee/tea. Visited their kitchen when making payment on the last day... I have to say it is just a perfect place to have coffee and chat.

The rooms was really beautiful and clean. It was also cleaned on the next day, which was a plus point. The guesthouse is heated, so it created a warmth environment... which was a blessing from the chilly weather.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

You get what you pay for - it's affordable, no-frills, comfortable accommodation located a short walk south of Portree centre. I found both owners to be very lovely. There are 2 buildings - the main house and a cottage next door. I stayed in the cottage which meant breakfast was not included. I'm not an early morning person anyway so that did not bother me. The heating is turned off overnight which was not a problem during my stay as it was quite warm. The rooms are en suite with a neat shower, towels and soap (only) provided, along with a hair dryer and closet space. Unfortunately there is no safe in the room so I had to lock up my bag before leaving. I was assured there is no crime in Skye but being from the city it's difficult to be that trusting. Bed was not the most comfortable but it was manageable. Bed was made and the room was cleaned daily, with biscuits and tea making facilities provided. Ample parking. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Try to acquire a room in the main house
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Aveiro
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This B&B is located on the southern edge of Portree (5-7 minutes of easily walk). The room (for 3 people) was very clean but I expected better furniture. Heating was On during our visit in July, 2012, so inside temperature was comfortable. The room smelled with some detergent/cleanser. Breakfast is Ok (full English) but is served in a relatively small room shared with other guests, so you will need to share your table with others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family