Croft Bunkhouse and Bothies
Dunollie Hotel(Broadford)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Lochalsh Hotel(Kyle of Lochalsh)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe ownerthe kitchenfairy poolsbudget accommodationexcellent hoststhe main housemin walkbase for exploringa nice place to stayadded bonusfollowing morningquiet corneroystersboard gamestalisker distillerybunk bedstop bunk
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our usual campsite/hostel on Skye had stopped taking campers, so I looked around for an alternative in the same area, and google threw me this one.

We were lucky, the lovely owner Teresa (who has only recently taken the place over), despite being fairly full, allowed us to pitch our tent and gave us a wonderful recommendation for dinner (the local oyster shed). We found the facilities offered by the bunkhouse to be fantastic - clean toilets and shower, a well equipped and clean kitchen with all a wet, cold camper could want and a comfortable, warm common room, better than many camp sites and bunkhouses I've stayed at.

Yes, it's a bunkhouse/camping - don't go expecting a 5 star hotel - but for cheap, budget hosteling or camping it's a wonderful place. We'd certainly choose to go back there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My friend and I wanted to go to Skye and needed it to be cheap. We were amazed at how clean and well equipped this place was. I felt very comfprtable using the shower and the communal kitchen, which was available even though we stayed in a wigwam. Billy and Teresa had thought of everything we could possibly want or need.
The lounge which we could also use was very cosy, spacious and comfortable, and Teresa and Billy themselves were very friendly and helpful.
The wigwam itself was very cosy, clean, warm and had everything we needed. Plus it was more specious than I'd imagined. I slept better than at home. Will definitely be going back sometime, can't wait.

Room Tip: Book early if you want a wigwam!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hazel B
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For out first visit to Skye, my girlfriend and I decided to book ourselves 3 nights in one of the wigwams. We arrived to be greeted by Theresa and Billy (who were great fun and excellent hosts!) and then were left to settle into the wigwam. We had a great time staying here and made the most of the spectacular views in the evenings with a relaxing drink sitting in the garden.
I would definitely recommend this as a place to stay and I hope to return sometime in the future.
Many thanks to the owners and the other guests for such a nice break.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 937iainr
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Made very welcome by new owners Billy and Theresa we had the Bothy for 6 it had a good kitchen,clean toilets,great BBQ and clean and comfy beds.Very highly recommend to all fellow motorbikers as its a great base for looping the island.Pub/take away 3 min walk,shop & distillery bout 3 miles back up the road.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ian T
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed in one of the wigwams for one night, loved it! Had everything you could need, fridge, kettle, microwave etc and plenty of blankets and cushions which made it really cosy! Location was ideal too! Lovely scenery!! The owners were very friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Would recommend to anyone! Plan to return in the near future with family and friends :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple