“I do NOT recommend”
Review of Saucy Marys Lodge

and 1 more site!
Saucy Marys Lodge
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Way over priced, poor kitchen and wifi, no common room & we were not aloud to eat in the sun room as it is part of the bar so we had to have our dinner out side in the cold, the staff were not friendly, I do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Angus93

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The place is very small the kitchens were only big enough for three people to cook. The wifi is free yes... If you can get a signal.... I had to sit on the stairs to try and get some. The Staff were rude, uncompromising and generally made my stay uncomfortable... It is way overpriced for what it is worth.... Do not stay really not worth it, you should definatly try somewhere else.... Even a park bench would be better

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Jesters-call
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in a family room in Glenarroch House next door to Saucy Mary's Lodge. The room had a double bed and two singles, a tv/DVD player and easy chair. Ensuite had a shower stall and a bathtub. It was clean and perfect for our needs (me, mother-in-law and my two kids, 14 and 9). We stayed for 2 nights 16&17 October 2012, using this as a base to explore the beautiful isle of Skye. The self catering kitchen was in the main Lodge, near the shop. It was ok, but only 3 forks and very few pots and pans. Very few people could use the kitchen at the same time! We used it to make dinner once and for our breakfast twice. Down from the kitchen is the sun lounge. This is where you get wifi. I struggled to get a strong connection to check emails and log on to social networking sites. I had planned on uploading some photos but the wifi could not handle it. I had read that the island had new superfast wifi. I guess it is still to come to Saucy's!
The pub was nice. I used it nice to get a pint of Guinness and a large Talisker. That was £11 but I'm not complaining.
All in all, we really enjoyed the superb location and decent facilities here at Saucy Mary's in Kyleakin.

Room Tip: There are really good rooms with great facilities - the Glenarroch House family room we stayed in wa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The lodge itself is in very terrible state. In place of good rooms provided us the dormitory rooms which are pathetic. Bathrooms are not good and also the breakfast served was not upto the standard. I will say before booking take a lot of care.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2012

-Bedrooms were tiny
-Live music till 1am pretty much every night which can be heard loud and clear in the room
-Kitchen is an absolute state
-On Saturday and Friday nights noises outside till about 3am
-Shower provides chilling and boiling water intermitantly
-Bar food is basic for what you pay

I will never stay here again
Check the photos I have provided.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Hunter H
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Pretty view, good beds great kitchen clean rooms left alone for the most part. Advertised as having Wifi but we couldnt find a connection anywhere. Got tickets for 20% off bar meals but never bothered as £7 for breakfast seemed a bit much
Cup final on one night so we were woken up a few times
Good value overall

Room Tip: farest away from the bar
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was visiting the restaurant along with some friends from India. The food portions were child size (and no, I am not a big eater at all !). Not to mention totally unpalatable. When you feed this back to staff, they were in fact uncourteous to say the least and said that this was the norm ! Stay away from such cheats.........The ladies toilet was filthy too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank prasaadborkar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyleakin
Kyle Hotel
0 mi away
Witchwood House
Witchwood House
#10 of 11 in Kyleakin

Been to Saucy Marys Lodge? Share your experiences!