Hillstone Lodge
Portree Hotel(Portree)
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Lochmaddy Hotel(North Uist)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Hamersay House(North Uist)
Orasay Inn(Lochcarnan)
Langass Lodge(North Uist)
All reviewsdunvegan castlethree chimneysstunning viewscoffee machinearchitect designedone nightisle of skyeweather forecastperfect hostsfresh fruitbreakfast menureal highlightfluffy towelswarm welcomeold schoolfloor to ceiling windowswould highly recommend staying here
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Hillstone Lodge certainly lived up to its reputation. I recently spent two nights in this wonderful B and B. The welcome is warm and the owners are not only charming and helpful but highly professional - everything about Hillstones, (the bedroom, the bathroom, the food, the location, the views....) is just perfect. And the extra bonus for foodies is that Hillstone is a ten minute scenic walk from the Three Chimneys restaurant ! I look forward to an early return. Many thanks

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 21, 2013

One of the best places we have stayed in. The location and views are fabulous, all the accommodation and fittings are of the highest standard, the owners are charming and the attention to detail truly impressive. All B & B owners should visit this place to see how it ought to be done!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Easily the best place I stayed during my two week visit to Scotland. I was moving around quite a bit, so I would up staying in a number of places, and this was by far the best place. It is a little bit off the beaten track, but the extra effort to get there is worth it. The place is only a little more than a year old and I thought it was very tastefully designed and decorated. My single room was quite spacious and the bathroom was twice the size of others I had come across on my travels. All the little details were dialed in just right. For example, instead of the ubiquitous electric heater for heating a pot of water for instant coffee, they had an instant cappuccino machine. Loved that.

And the views! Just stunning! The whole wall facing the loch was windowed and included a sliding patio that opened to my own porch. It was a bit cold, windy and rainy, so I didn't sit outside much. But still, even in stormy weather, the views were mesmerizing.

Although remote, it is a short drive to the Neist Lighthouse. For dinner, it's a short drive to The Old School in Dunvegan, where I had an absolutely excellent meal. Morning breakfast was just perfect.

I recommend this place to anyone going to the Isle of Skye and wants to stay at a very comfortable, contemporary accommodations with spectacular views.

If I return to Skye, I will definitely be staying here again.

One last point, as an added bonus, this place was a great value. They could easily charge much more. I told the owners this and they said they are only planning modest rate increases for next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank badgertrek
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Hillstone Lodge was recommend by the staff at the Three Chimneys. It couldn't have been a better recommendation. Andreas and his family have built a beautiful guest house on Colbost. Architect designed, the house is fantastic. The welcome was great, with every amenity you need. Our room on the upper floor provided stunning views of Loch Dunvegan - including the seals this morning. The view from the guest lounge is simply incredible.

Breakfast this morning was 5 star, lovely fresh produce and brilliantly presented.

I highly recommend this place. We will be back

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

A lovely lodge, a wee bit from Dunvegan. A spotless, contemporary house, with every appointment you can think of. Warm fuzzy robes and slippers, coffee, tea, fruit and a chocolate treat. We absolutely loved tea time, in the living room with spectacular views.. The bed and linens were super comfortable. The bathroom is fabulous and I would love to have the same bath in my own home. Breakfast is perfect, and our hosts also offered specially cooked dishes if we preferred. Loved the garden, wildlife viewing and location. Wish we could have stayed a few more days. An easy drive to Neist Point, a must see on the west side of Skye. I must note that we stayed at Hillstone with another couple, and they equally enjoyed their stay.

Room Tip: I believe every room is lovely to stay in, however, we particularly loved the view from the second floor, enjoying the view of the bay. Our friends stayed on the first floor and had a private deck facing the bay as well.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple