All reviews tasting menu split level scones oysters isle of skye venison local produce loch dunvegan on the rocks long drive before dinner little touches breakfast room each evening granola remote location single track road
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Three Chimneys came highly recommended and certainly lived up to our expectations. Yes, it's pricey, but the food is outstanding and the service first rate. It compares favorably with outstanding restaurants we have enjoyed on the Continent. Finding it is a bit of a challenge - if you're not staying at the adjoining hotel be sure to have precise directions.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband & I booked lunch at the Three Chimneys while we were on the Isle of Skye. I was disappointed I wasn't able to get in for dinner, but lunch lived up to the great reputation The Three Chimneys has! The dining area is very cozy and the restaurant is set amongst some of Scotland's the most fabulous scenery! Our table boasted a wonderful view! We both decided to go with the seafood platter & we were not disappointed there were lots of interesting and tasty treats! Yes, Yes, Yes it is pricey but very well worth it!!

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We treated ourselves to dinner at the Three Chimneys. The service was amazing and the meal very interesting. We are glad we went but felt overall it was a very expensive experience. Not sure we would go again but glad we went just once.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank HornchurchPop
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Kitchen Table!!! I returned to Three Chimneys on Saturday evening after a three and a half year gap. It was a treat for my boyfriends birthday and we were offered the kitchen table. WOW. I really recommend it. I wont sit "in front" again. The food and wine were fantastic. Take your camera. Observe and enjoy from the moment you arrive. We were greeted at the "House over by" for pre dinner drinks and to meet our other dinner guests as we were a party of two joining two other couples. We all got on great and chatted all evening. You are shown through the kitchen to your table at the rear in a lovely bright, big oak table setting. We watched our food be prepared, asked questions, learned a lot about food and wine. The Wine Flight was great and the sommelier fantastic. Mike the Head Chef, man in charge, was a great teacher as we experienced "assisting head chef",was attentive and glad to speak to us over dessert wine, answering lots of questions. Even cucumber sorbet recipe from 3 yrs ago. It was awesome. Can't wait to go back. Thank u Thank u Thank u. I have now ran out of space.......

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mollie K
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed dinner and lunch at the Three Chimneys during a glorious week on Skye. The location is simply beautiful. The menu was really interesting and the food excellent. The welome was warm and the service was exceptionally good - attentive but not oppressive, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. This was impressive given that many of the staff seem quite young. Eating at the Three Chimneys fulfilled a long held ambition - it more than lived up to my expectations - I loved it and look forward to my next visit

1  Thank Ford65