This review has nothing to do with the quality of the food at the Three Chimneys as were we never able to enjoy it. Rather, I'm disappointed in this restaurant's cruel and unforgiving cancellation policy.
We had a table booked during our recent holiday in the area. Unfortunately, just before we were meant to dine at the Three Chimneys, our dog ran away. Given the vast and rugged Scottish landscape, we felt that it was more important to look for the dog than go to the restaurant. Any dog owner would have done the same. The Three Chimneys moved our reservation to the next day, but when the next day came along, the dog had not returned. As dog lovers, there was just no way we could leave our rented cottage for a meal when the dog was missing. Unfortunately, the Three Chinmeys did not sympathise.
We were charged £40 per head for a meal we never ate. This came to £400 for our group.
Thankfully our little dog came back a day later. We loved the area and plan on returning. But we do not plan on eating at the Three Chimneys because any establishment so unforgiving that they would impose a fee on a group of people already in crisis is not a place we ever want to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Three Chimneys and The House Over-By is a Gold 5-Star Restaurant with Rooms in a stunning, remote location beside the sea in the north west corner of the Isle of Skye, Scotland. Colbost is situated on the shores of Loch Dunvegan, a wide sea loch that opens into The Minch, the narrow stretch of sea between Skye and the Outer Hebrides. The views are stunning whatever the time of year. The Three Chimneys is one of Scotland's most famous restaurants, specialising in the freshest local produce including wonderful seafood from the immediate coastal waters. Head Chef, Scott Davies, is well-known for his passion for Scottish ingredients, cooked simply to allow the flavours to sing for themselves. Providing very skilful, professional, but friendly and welcoming service at all times is what the Restaurant and Reception teams strive to achieve. Standards of cleanliness and comfort in the bedroom suites in The House Over-By are meticulous. The rooms have wonderful sea views and breakfasts (all-inclusive in the room rate) are served in the Morning Room with its panoramic views across the loch, where seals can be seen clearly on frequent occasions. Eddie and Shirley Spear have owned the business for 31 years and remain pro-active within their business daily. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- 3 Chimneys Restaurant With Rooms
- Three Chimneys Restaurant With Rooms Hotel Colbost
- The Three Chimneys House-Over-By Scotland/Isle Of Skye - Colbost