“Great sea views”
Review of Tir Alainn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Broadford
Tir Alainn
Ranked #2 of 26 Broadford B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great sea views”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Spent two nights at Tir Alainn earlier this week. Absolutely gorgeous spot with views over the Cuillin, Raasay and back over to the west coast. Handy for dinner in Broadford and Pam gave me a great run down of where to eat. Very comfortable room with everything needed including a pair of binoculars for checking out the local bird life. Breakfast delicious with the absolutely best fruit salad I've had in Scotland - ever! Ron invited me to choose music for breakfast so Runrig it was. Lovely hosts and a very relaxing environment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Great breakfast, good location, extensive library, lovely hosts. Ron used to be a guide and knows everything about Skye. Breakfast is a 3-course meal including fruit salad, cereal or porridge, then followed by a full breakfast, salmon or kippers. Lovely!

• Stayed August 2013
UK
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I spent our final night in Skye here after the 2 previous night in Sligachen and Elgol. Ron & Pam are great hosts and make you feel at home straight away. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with great views out to sea. The location is a great base to explore. It is only 5-10 mins from the Skye Bridge and a few mins from the town of Broadford. The breakfast in the morning was lovely with special mentions to the homemade sausages and Stornaway black pudding. Overall an excellent stay in a great place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was my first time to Isle of Skye, driving up through Scotland, Glencoe and across Skye Bridge to the most amazing welcome from Ron and Pam and of course Tally. The location is just stunning, set in beautiful gardens looking out upon the most jaw-dropping scenic view.

Shown to my gorgeous ample room with large en-suite and everything I required, tea/coffee making facilities/hairdryer/soap/shampoo/luxury towels. Lots of information on the locality, free wifi, recommended restaurants etc, I immediately felt at home.

Ron and Pam are very knowledgeable about the area, and active members of the community. I enjoyed listening to Ron's mountain climbing exploits and learnt so much about whiskey and Monros.

Breakfast is an absolute treat, everything you could imagine, Pam's homemade jams just fab, I don't think I have ever spread as much jam on a piece of toast as with Pam's. They provide options for breakfast however I opted for traditional which was fantastic.

I would definitely recommend you stay at Tir Alainn, I will be returning again from the hustle and bustle of London life up to the tranquility and beauty of Isle of Skye and to the most wonderful and welcoming B&B. I imagine people who stay here just keep returning, as I will again one day. Thank you to Ron & Pam for making me feel so welcome and a big cuddle to Tally!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Tir Alainn at the end of July as part of our holiday in Scotland. We had been looking for suitable accommodation on Skye from which to explore the island over three days. The location of Tir Alllain worked really well for us.

While the B&B is away from the major towns it is very easy to get around from there and there are a number of restaurants within an easy drive and a very good one (Red Skye) only a short walk away.

We had the end, front bedroom and the views were stunning from our window. Ron and Pam were very welcoming and gave us a number of good tips about places to see and about single malt whiskies.
The breakfasts were a treat and our hosts were very accommodating when we wanted an early start to do a boat trip.
We would thoroughly recommend a stay at Tir Allain as a great base from which to see this wonderful island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
shenzhen
Reviewed August 4, 2013

its the most fridendly and nice B&B since I travled in uk.the cozy 、easy、comfortable atmosphere,Ron is an expect in wiskey and hiking and really gave me a good lesson of this beautiful bervege,Pam isg a great cook and dont forget trying the lovely kippers for breakfast or joining her and tarley(spelling right?)for a afternoon walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
winchester
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Superb hosts superb views and great breakfasts. Ron and Pam make you feel very much at home. Ron is very knowledgable about the "hills". We loved the very local beach and its history and also the excellent red skye restaurant a close walk away.

Room Tip: Our room had a sea view but other two don't but are equally good. Lounge has views.