“Superb”

Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Broadford
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Harbour Restaurant Where Cristina Hermoso Escalas offers you a traditional taste of Spain, on the Isle of Skye. We believe in serving only the very best of fresh produce, all of which we prepare in our own kitchen or source form top suppliers both locally around the world. All our food and most of our delicious deserts are made on the premises. Most of our dishes are gluten free and free of dairy products but if you have any special dietary requirements or have any allergies, please let the waiter know and we will be happy to try to accommodate you. We hope you will enjoy eating here and lingering over an after dinner drink or coffee. To see our Menu please go to our web page We are generally closed From November till late February
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Absolutely lovely evening with my main meal being melt in the mouth Monkfish with an black olive sauce. I don't usually finish all my food - I did this time. My husband had a wonderful and very varied Seafood platter - which he also devoured! Desert was the lightest Cranachan I have ever tasted. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, efficient and friendly staff, in spite of a rather obnoxious group of women spoiling things for everyone else by complaining just for the sake of it. It is tough when everyone one seems to feel obliged to criticise and demand centre stage just because they like the sound of their own voice!

We will be back!

1  Thank Mairi B

Reviewed June 18, 2014

The mushrooms were bland and disappointing -quite tasteless.But I would travel a hundred miles for the slow roasted absolutely perfect chunky lamb, which was sheer delight.
Lovely hosts,friendly and helpful. Loved the Spanish touch. Very handily located in Broadford.
Recommended.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I would like to start by challenging two reactions this review may invite by reading the reactive comments to other negative reviews.
Firstly why I did not complain at the time. Understand it is not in my nature to do so in a public environment. This is a intimate restaurant and I would not wish to create what would have been a very negative atmosphere. We respect other diners. Secondly why did we not just leave the meal. Well it was I suppose at least edible. That is not to say it was either tasty or value for money. I write this review to give our honest opinion realising others may disagree but I write as a frequent user of restaurants.

The portions especially starters were to say the least ungenerous. The seafood cocktail was called famous. Why? It contained little seafood and was mostly potato. The fish mains were in one case undercooked and in both cases lacked the taste associated with fresh fish. Vegetables likewise lacked taste or were undercooked.

We booked this resturant based on both TA reviews and a local recommendation. Sadly our experience was such that we rate it one of our poorest eating experiences during our tour of Scotland. I can only suggest when reading the reviews of this establisment believe the negative rather than the positive. If you do visit then good luck!

Please note I do not usually write such reviews - see my other review of a Skye restaurant.

1  Thank follower
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Firstly, make a reservation. We did not book but fortunately we manage to get a table for 3. It can be busy and a number of people where turned away.
The selection of food is good and expect to pay about £25 per person for a starter and a main course with a drink.
We had mussels and lamb and were good.

1  Thank Jimmy Y
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We were 3 friends between 25 and 28 to go there. We wasn't receive properly. We were not welcome to this restaurant. If you are an old couple, you might get a better service.

The meal was correct, but way too expensive.

For young people, I suggest the cafesia.

1  Thank Patrik D