“Excellent B&B with a breakfast to die for....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morar Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ardvasar
Morar Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Ardvasar B&B and Inns
Edinburgh
“Excellent B&B with a breakfast to die for....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2010

I was in Ardvasar/Armadale for a wedding and stayed here for two nights. I have to say we both thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and Maggie and Chris are extremely friendly and welcoming. The rooms and en-suite were lovely and clean, there was plenty of fresh towels and the shower was fantastic. The breakfast was magnificant - particularly the black pudding (our favourite), freshly laid eggs, home made bread, marmalade and musli. It was so good our friends came to join us the next day. I didn't use the swimming pool but I probably would next time as it looked fantastic. It was a very welcoming B&B that I would recommend to anyone. I also really liked that you could pay by card as there are little ATM's around Skye. Fantastic value for money with great service

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Garden Valley, Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

This gem sits off the tiny “main road” in Ardvasar, very close to the ferry from Malaig and around the corner from the Ardvasar pub and small grocery store, for convenient meals or necessities.
It encompasses all that is Skye: Warm hospitality, views of hills and water and heather, rocks to climb over and beaches to play on.
Although it would be a shame to miss any of this, it would be no hardship to have to stay within. The rooms are meticulously furnished and clean, with Maggie’s quilts, fluffy, fresh towels, nice toiletries, comfortable beds and pillows, plenty of videos to entertain all ages and tastes, and a heated indoor pool with a jet, for lap-swimming...and there is the luxury of a shower in the pool room, if you don’t feel like traipsing through the house to your room with wet towels and suits (which will be happily supplied if you forgot yours).
In case you miss Fido or Kitty, there are friendly critters to cure your homesickness. Maggie and Chris might just let you feed the chickens or dig in the garden, if you came to Skye to fulfill your “crofting” instincts.
Breakfast here offers the guest a more creative choice than most, and remember, happy chickens supply great eggs! As a vegetarian, I was content with Maggie’s muesli, homemade toast and the lone fresh egg that Chris always wanted to double. You’ll also want to try their friend Lindy’s hard-to-beat marmalade, made from grapefruit, lemons and oranges. I was disappointed that the breakfast menu didn’t include fresh (or any) fruit, but you could ask (I didn’t).
I took advantage of my hosts’ generously provided WIFI, and made a nuisance of myself each evening, at the hall desk (a good spot for reception). They acted as though it gave them joy to see me diligently at work.
You’ll probably see more of Chris, who prepares breakfast and gives great advice on activities, walks and places (with a bonus of correct pronunciation, so you’ll sound like a native).
My only misgiving was that I felt a lack of concern for my room service, but that could be excusable, considering the respect they have for your privacy—and the fact that I am quite tidy and don’t require much looking after.
For a modern room, comfort and cleanliness, freedom to use the place as your own and roam where you will, nothing beats this B&B. There is plenty of literature and information for your stay on Skye. The walks right out the door must be enjoyed.
I spent four busy days in this area of the island and it was always reassuring that I had my lovely room to snuggle into, when the cold, early spring day was done...though, it was just as reassuring to know guests are welcome to stay in for the day, as they wish. This is a special feeling and the sense of acceptance I got in Chris and Maggie’s home makes it the B&B to check into.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Strathpeffer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

We truly enjoyed our stay with Maggie and Chris. They were both amazing. The room was very clean, lovely cups with the huge selection of teas and also ground coffee. We used the swimming pool and it was so relaxing, especially after a long walk. There are plenty of walks near ( 7 miles and there is one 5minutes away) the B&B and of course the lovely beach behind the B&B.
We went for dinner to Isleornsay, to the Hotel on the pier(sorry, can't remember the name) and the food was lovely there. We were recommended to go there, instead of the pub nearby, and I am glad we did, it was reasonably priced and good food, excellent presentation too:).
The only problem is: that we didn't stay for longer than 1 night in the B&B, but next time:).
Nobody willl be disappointed. Oh and also, the breakfast was dilicious. Home made bread, homemade jam, which was the best I have had for a while. Lovely view from the dining area. It was all lovely.
I wish all the best for Maggie and Chirs because they deserve it for doing their best and making sure that every guest feels like HOME.
Thankx.
Nicole and Alastair.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2010

As we already visited the North of Skye last time, we wanted to find a B&B in the South to visit this part of the Island.
We choose this B&B because of the swimming pool.
Maggie and Chris are two wonderful hosts, they made us feel at home. The house is amazing, our room was large, clean, confortable and nicely decorated. The breakfast was excellent (with those fresh laid eggs !) everything is easy (don't need to fill a form to say what you'll eat the next morning). You can pay by card which is a great advantage (especially on Skye, where you have to drive up to 2 hours to find a ATM). The only little negative point is that Ardvasar is on the Sleat Peninsula and a bit far from everything if you want to discover the whole Island, but perfect for those who wants to relax and enjoy nice sceneries.
P.S. Ask advices from Chris and Maggie for a good place to eat, don't be tempted by the nearest Bar (at Ardvasar Hotel), it's expensive and the food is not good at all.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2009

In our stay in Scotland this was the most incredible Bed&Breakfast we´ve stayed. The place is amazing, with an incredible view and at the end of the garden you´ll find your own peace of paradise....a rocky beach where a Otter lives and where Chris goes to play with is dogs. If you don´t like water, on the other side of the house there´s a litle wood where you can take a nice walk and at the end of the day you can always swim on the heated indoor swimming pool and look at the sea....incredible!!!
If we could i think we would buy the house to live because Chris and Maggie made an incredible job and have an incredible place to live and provide others unforgettable holidays.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Bergamo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2009

Romina and Simone:
what we want to say first is: thank you, Chris and Maggie! It's been one of our best holiday (consider that we love travelling and are very demanding!)
We spent almost a week there (27-12-2008/ 02-01-2009) and we didn't want to go back to Italy, after those magnificient sceneries we could watch at from the very beginnig of the day, while having breakfast in the dining-room. And what a breakfast: you could have whaterver you wanted. Well cooked, delicious traditional full scottish breakfast, continental and even vegetarian. Bacon, sausages, fresh eggs, all very tasty though not swimming in fat! (I can still taste the flavour of that marvellous bacon... )
the room was very comfortable, with tea and coffee facilities. There were a lot of books and maps on the isle of Skye we could have a look at and, for any further advice, Chris and Maggie were always ready to help.
How nice having conversation with them... what a pity we live so far form Scotland...
and, least, but not last: friendly pubs closed to the B&B where we enjoyed delicious scottish plates and local live music;and an indoor and warm swimmingpool in the B&B itself, from where I admired the sea...
What else? We definitely suggest to go to Morar B&B... you'll enjoy it.

• Liked — location and food
  • Disliked — private bathroom but not en-suite
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Preston, Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2008

Landed off the ferry at Ardvasar on the Isle of Skye, 4pm Thurs 6th Nov 2008. I enquired with the guy at the local petrol station (who reminded me of an excitable and sadly now missed Richard Whitely off Countdown) where might be a great place to stay in town.

Duncan (as was his name) advised me of a lovely B & B just up the road and he knew the owners very well. I rang to confirm that a room was free and thankfully one was. I arrived several minutes later to a rather large bungalow type home whose back garden nestled on the banks of the sea. Amazing views from either the breakfast room and the terrace.

Chris and Maggie were fantastic, so much so that I stayed another evening. I dealt mainly with Chris as Maggie was nursing a recently broken ankle (get well soon Maggie :-)

Chris was a wonderful host, funny, intelligent (not necessary admittedly but it makes for more interesting conversation all the same) and very helpful. Being a very keen photographer, Chris took me on location to some of Ardvasar's most beautiful sights, the castle ruins of Knock Bay were one of them. Chris admitted that he had time to do this in early November but in the summer, guests would be content with directions instead of a personal tour guide (obviously I would add).

The Morar I found to be an interesting place, my room was comfortable and more than what I needed. The breakfast was fantastic, so much so that I didn't need to eat again till tea time and I'd been out all day in the fresh air shooting the sights with my camera.

Chris and Maggie share their garden with hens (I never ever heard them from my room either) and I assited in the clipping of the wings of the hens. This level of interaction (if wanted by the guest) was lovely and really made me feel at ease and comfortable around them both. The guest book proved that I was not alone in my views, just check out my full page review dated Friday 7th November 2008.

Both Maggie and Chris are down to earth, no airs and graces with these guys but you'll be assured of a very warm welcome on arrival and an atmosphere that shouts 'my home is your home' from the rooftops.

I loved my time on the Isle of Skye, very friendly people, beautiful scenery in some of the countries most remote landscape and my trip to Scotland was made all the more memorable for having stayed at Chris and Maggie's home.

Thank you guys once again.

Kind regards Melvin Nicholson (Preston, Lancashire)

• Liked — Friendly owners, location, indoor heated pool, fantastic breakfast, beach 80yrds from rear garden
  • Disliked — Can't really think of anything, I've travelled around the globe quite a bit and I immediately felt comfortable at Morar
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MightyMel5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardvasar
Hotel Eilean Iarmain
Redwood House Hotel
Redwood House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Edinbane
Duisdale House Hotel

Been to Morar Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!