“What a fantastic plaice!”
Review of Cafe Fish

Cafe Fish
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Tobermory
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This small inauspicious fish restaurant is fast gaining nationwide recognition as one of the best and most exciting places to eat in Scotland. With a superb location & stunning sea views on the upper floor of the Calmac building on Tobermory pier, and their own fishing boat landing fresh local shellfish - its an experience not to be missed. Just turn up unannounced for lunch, but book in advance for dinner. Lots on offer for non fish eaters too.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We enjoyed a great meal here last year towards the end of the season. The cafe is wonderfully situated overlooking Tobermory harbour and it was warm enough to sit outside which is very unusual up in de islands even in summer! The fish soup was fantastic as were the shellfish platter and crab pate we enjoyed. This was possibly the freshest seafood I have ever experienced....for sure nothing had been frozen except possibly the fishermen! The cafe is run by a lovely couple Les and Jayne who really know how to lay on a good spread, we will most certainly be back again this year! Highly recommended!

2  Thank 362paulmott
There are newer reviews for Cafe Fish

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wow, what a meal, loved the place and the meal, and I thought it was very reasonably priced too. We had originally booked a sea view table (window seat) but we got lost (didn't realise it was so far along), so we were 15 mins late and think they had just given our table away!!! But still really enjoyed the meal (would have been much better at the window though).

Reviewed November 20, 2013

........when you can get the best langoustines ever at the Cafe Fish in Tobermory!! Cafe Fish's casual atmosphere belies the sophistication of the food -locally sourced and beautifully cooked. Our party gathered there before a wedding and sat out in the sunshine overlooking the harbour bay , catching up with old friends as we ate - pretty much heaven on earth!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Whenever I'm on Mull, the Café Fish is a 'must' eatery, not least because, for me, it serves the finest oysters I've had anywhere - and that includes the oysters of France. Those from Croig, just off the northern coastline, are delicious and sweet.

Fresh fish comes in most days, and so you can always expect the best ingredients and produce, and excellent cooking, although they do tend to get a little bit slapdash when they're very busy.

I've eaten here many times over the years, and happily do so each time I'm in Tobermory, but whatever the time of year, my advice is to book in advance...I'm seen so many people turn up, desperate for food, only to be turned away...it's just such a small place. And, at busy times, you can feel the tension mounting as they silently urge you to leave, so they can turn tables....maybe that's putting it a bit strongly, but because we dine early, I can sense they want you up and away. It's okay; it's what I'd do in their situation...so, if you do book early, bear in mind that they've probably booked your table for someone else later in the evening. And, if you're the person coming in later in the evening, the converse applies...you may just have to wait a moment or two...normally okay, but not much fun in the rain, as there's nowhere to wait, except outside.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

A visit to Cafe Fish is an absolute must during a stay in Tobermory but make sure you book at least 2 days in advance to get the sitting you would like as it is always very busy. So good it was our favourite of the week and we went back for a second time.

1  Thank LeQs