We are a family of 5 and booked a week in Lephin cottage. The surroundings and the walks are beautiful the cafe is excellent and Tobermory is near. We broke two wine glasses - no problem / no charge!
Breakfast in the castle at the end of the stay was a particular highlight (and at GBP5 ea for the children very modestly priced). Friendly owners - the husband explained to me how they get 12ft of rain a year (!) and his wife (who was cleaning the furniture) talked to us about owning a castle (hard work).
Some of the negative comments seem to relate to a particular period when they were fostering a particular set of children - i.e. it was a one off. We recommend it - we will be back. The Townsends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Northern tip of the Isle of Mull near Tobermory, Glengorm Castle overlooks the Atlantic and has spectacular views over the Outer Hebrides. The Castle was built in 1860 and sits at the headland of Glengorm's vast area of coastline, forests, lochs and hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Glengorm Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glengorm Castle Hotel Tobermory
- Glengorm Castle Tobermory, Scotland