Tripadvisor

Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Tobermory
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Galleon Grill is a firm favourite in Tobermory. It specialises in Steaks, ribs and seafood all cooked on an open grill. It is only 10 yards from the harbour front.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are a number of restaurants along the waterfront, in Tobermory, Isle of Mull. These eateries can be crowded, and reservations are a must. This was our situation, looking for a place that would have an opening, and we could eat.

Then, we walked down a small alley/street, just off Main Street, and found the Galleon Grill. The entrance was rather unobtrusive, but as we entered we were greeted warmly and found a seat quickly, (without reservations). Great aromas were coming from the kitchen!

My wife ordered a burger, which was cooked to order and beautifully juicy. I ordered the special of the day, which was beef stroganoff. It was delicious! This appeared to me to be a family operation, and everyone was working well together. Our food came quickly, with everything as ordered. Overall, it was a cozy and warm place for an evening meal.

We loved it! I'd recommend it!

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank ChicagoHiker2
Write a reviewReviews (628)

Reviewed December 21, 2019

After eating so much seafood it was great to finally have meat ! Our steaks were delicious and the menu offered lots of choices. It’s a definitely when there

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank Retired3176
Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

We visited the Galleon Grill on a family trip to Tobermory in July 2019. The restaurant was consistently busy and reservations were encouraged...so we knew that it had to be good! The service was excellent. My kids loved the mussels and my husband and I split a steak. Everything was so delicious. I hope to visit again one day soon!

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank abbymccuen
Reviewed November 5, 2019

Went out with friends and had a lovely meal in the evening, nice atmosphere good food, I had the lobster it was delicious.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank jonathan V
Reviewed October 26, 2019

We arrived in the pouring rain, quite late, and found a warm welcome. Cosy and modern, excellent food, and friendly staff.

Date of visit: October 2019