“Great hosts.”

Mull Magic Wildlife - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the beautiful landscape and unique wildlife of the Isles of Mull, Iona and Ulva on a Mull Magic guided wildlife walk or tour. Watch Golden and White-tailed Eagles soaring effortlessly over mountains, herds of red deer roaming wild moorland, seals lazily basking on offshore skerries and delightful butterflies flitting gracefully among wild flower meadows that contain many unusual orchids.
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We enjoyed the Otter walk on a very cold(but dry) day. Ruth and Stuart were great hosts and looked after us really well.

There are newer reviews for Mull Magic Wildlife - Day Tours

Reviewed November 11, 2012

When I think about the wilder parts of Scotland I picture russet-brown, bracken-clad valleys and hillsides, towering dark ridges, rushing streams and lonely, still lochs. In my minds-eye I can picture huge White-tailed Eagles soaring above the ridges, maybe a red deer stag with its harem below a circling Golden Eagle, perhaps being harassed by a smaller raptor - or a distant Hen Harrier quartering low over the grassland.

To my immense joy that's exactly what I got on a day out with Ruth and Stuart on one of their "Eagle Walks".

If you'd prefer to be driven around the island, jumping in and out of a mini bus, ticking off as much wildlife as possible in a day then this experience is probably not for you. If you want to walk in a very special, wild and remote area that many don't see, with two experienced, passionate and thoroughly knowledgable guides then book a day out with Mull Magic on one of their "Eagle Walks".

Ruth and Stuart care deeply about the wildlife on Mull and know where and how to find it - even when the weather conditions are unfavourable. Although the day started off wet with low cloud, making searching for the larger birds of prey very challenging, and I was getting rather despondent, it wasn't too long after lunch that we started to see the birds that I had my heart set on seeing.

Although I was focused on seeing White-tailed and Golden Eagles, Stuart and Ruth were also ready to show our small group other species and we were rewarded with a small flock of Waxwings flying over at the start of our walk, good views of Dipper and, much to Stuart's joy, two Common Scoters. One of the things that impressed me most was that our guides valued all wildlife sightings equally - no matter how 'common' - and I was even (quite rightly) told off for looking at a distant speck and proclaiming "Oh. it's just a Hooded Crow"!

Stuart had a very keen ornithologist's eye and was alert to every movement around us, although it was Ruth that spotted our first White-tailed Eagle of the day. Before the day was ended we'd seen the three species that I'd really hoped to see. Some sightings were better than others but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Wildlife watching isn't about getting perfect views. For me, as long as I could independently make a positive identification I was chuffed and one of the best parts of the day was that Stuart didn't just tell you what you were seeing, he showed you HOW to really see it and appreciate it.

Before I went to sleep that night I relived every moment of a wonderful day that I shall remember always.

Finally, a word of thanks to my wife for joining me on a "Me Day" and getting as much out of seeing my excitement as I got out of seeing magnificent birds that were lifetime 'firsts' for me.

2  Thank BuzzardFlight
Reviewed November 9, 2012

A beautiful daylong walk with Ruth and Stuart on the hunt for Golden and Whitetail eagles. Their incredible knowledge of the wildlife made me wish I had a tape recorder there was so much information. The beautiful Loch and surrounding mountains made for an amazing day. Lunch is served, binoculars, telescope (especially for the vision challenged!) all made the day, even with a bit of rain, very worthwhile. Thanks Ruth and Stuart for a wonderful day.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a great day out with Ruth and Stuart of Mull Magic on their otter walk. Mull is quite large and, as a tourist, it is difficult to know which are the best places to go in order to get great wildlife encounters. Therefore, these experienced guides really do make a difference. We were glad we chose to take a walking tour with Mull Magic as they took us to a wonderful part of the island and the walk was carefully planned to maximise our chances of seeing the elusive otter.
After being collected from our accomodation and driven to the start of the walk, we spent the rest of the day out enjoying the sights and sounds of the wonderful Mull landscape in the company of people who have been living on Mull for many years. Their enthusiasm for the island shines through as does their respect and admiration for the wildlife they show to their guests. Mull is rightly famous for its eagles and otters and Ruth and Stuart showed us how to find these creatures, but they also opened our eyes to the other wildlife and throughout the walk our attention was drawn to all sorts of birds, animals, insects, plants and fungi which we would probably have missed had we been walking alone.

We were really pleased that we had a great day out - it was a lovely walk, we saw loads of wildlife, learned lots, had an excellent lunch (and afternoon tea and cakes!), and there was no need to drive on the single track roads:-)

We are looking forward to another great day out with Mull Magic when we return to Mull in October.

2  Thank Jenni4r
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were really looking forward to a day eagle watching, sadly the weather was really poor, high level visability not good and continous rain. We did however see a eagle and 2 sea eagles in the distance, buzzards, kestrel, lots of chaffinches and pippets.However the vechile was comfortable and enjoyable food even though we had to eat outside

1  Thank Tallsally2323