Review Highlights
Friendly and interesting, but...

Liiilii
British Columbia, Canada
via mobile
Staffa and seals

sampappy
Birmingham, AL

All reviews treshnish isles fingal's cave ulva ferry sea birds two hours the cliff captain and crew take photos fantastic trip dropped off non slip surface recommend this trip boat ride bird life waterproof clothing basalt columns steep steps
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

First off, the customer service we received was fantastic. The boat ride was interesting and informative. The captain is clearly a well experienced seaman and certainly knows exactly how to handle the boat. Staffa is breathtaking and we were so lucky to be on a smaller tour allowing us to feel like we had the place to ourselves - truly exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately I have a “but”... and I’ll start by admitting this is a sensitive topic with me and may not bother others - in fact, my “but” is very likely another’s highlight. BUT I just can’t and won’t be a part of invasive wildlife viewing. We were set ashore on one of the smaller islands to view the seals and their pups and I stood back horrified as obnoxious foreigners shoved their cameras in the faces of these terrified babies. The mamas fled to sea leaving the adorable, fluffy, helpless little creatures to be crowded around. I quietly sat down by the sea and shed a few tears desperately waiting for the boat to return and get us off the island to leave the poor things be. We would have had a perfectly fine view from the boat and I found it incredibly unnecessary and invasive. This is the only reason I did not give a 5/5. With all that out of the way, I would again like to say the rest of the tour was fabulous and the family who runs the operation, all very welcoming.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fun boat trip that included seeing seals and visiting Staffa. It was mid-September so the puffins were gone but we saw lots of seals in the water and hanging out on the islands. Staffa was incredible, although Fingal's Cave is no longer open after a portion of the roof caved in. Be prepared for a long boat ride, but it was well worth the trip.

Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Been wanting to take this trip for probably around 6 years now & despite foul weather, finally managed it. This trip & the guys from Turus Mara far exceeded our hopes & expectations. We saw Dolphins, A Sea Eagle & seals on our trip with lots of local knowledge & points of interest thrown in.
Can’t recommend this highly enough & would take the same trip again.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Great trip to Staffa and Lunga has to be the best place to see puffins. They are so close and very friendly

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Well looked after on a beautiful trip. Thoroughly recommend the one where they stay longer on Lunga so you can have your lunch with the Puffins/sea birds. You must walk past the puffins round to harp rock to sea all the sea birds nesting.

1  Thank 428nicolal
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We were very lucky with the weather, but for a puffin fan, this was a perfect day. The trip with time on the Treshnish Islands is well worth the price for the added time ashore Puffin watching. We also saw other birds, and grey and common seals.
We were staying in Tobermory - the drive across to the start location was also beautiful and meant we saw more of Mull than we might have otherwise so would recommend this tour company even if your in Tobermory, if you have a car.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

We booked a trip to Staffa at the last minute, because it was such a lovely day. What a fantastic experience. The 2 crew members were fab and we were fortunate enough to see a pod of dolphins which swam under the boat, and hundreds of puffins, very close up during our landing on Staffa.

Reviewed July 26, 2018

Had a fantastic day out with the guys on the boat, they were very knowledgeable of the local area. Lunga was amazing! Couldn’t believe how close the Puffins came in. Definitely value for money in my opinion.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

I've been to many seabird colonies over the years and Lunga is by far and away my favourite. Fewer people, lots of birds up close and personal - and of course this includes puffins which are a joy to watch. Turus Mara run a couple of different options and I'd recommend the bird trip if you want to spend longer on Lunga and less time on Staffa (would love an option that misses out Staff altogether - great to see once, but don't feel the need to go again and again). Boat is comfortable with both inside and outside seating, staff friendly and informative.

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

My wife has always wanted to see puffins up close and this delivered, we took the option of leaving car in Oban and taking CalMac over. We were met from ferry and taken across Mull to the boat.
Staffa and Fingal’s Cave were amazing and we thought ourselves lucky to see some puffins. Little did we know what Lunga would provide - more puffins than Staffa. Puffins everywhere.
Commentary was informative and staff really taking care of people having difficulty getting on and off the boat.
This is not a cheap trip but I reckon it cost way less than a pound per puffin.