“Friendly and comfortable”

Tigh-Na-Mara Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dervaig
Tigh-Na-Mara Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Dervaig B&B and Inns
CAPE COD
“Friendly and comfortable”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed at this lovely guest house for four nights And couldn't be happier with the comfort, friendliness and beautiful location. I arrived through the glen road from the ferry at Craignure. No one was home but the owner left a note on the door for me to come in and choose the room I desired. Her daughter, who lives closeby stopped in and told me to to shout if I needed anything and that her mother would be home around 4 pm. Catherine Duffy is the owner and she was gracious and friendly but not intrusive. My room was very comfortable with a lovely water view and also a view of the very popular bird feeder. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept like a rock. This guest house also has wifi so I was able to stay connected, an important factor for me. Breakfast was delicious and pleasantly presented. The eggs are very fresh as the hens reside outside, near the house. I was also able to control the temperature in my room and since I like to sleep in a cooler room, that was a positive. Overall, a lovely guest house with a very gracious owner.

Room Tip: I loved my room on the 2nd floor with its lovely view. I also was able to do some bird watching of t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jean O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We couldn't have been happier with our stay. Cathy the hostess made us feel genuinely welcome, and our rooms were as comfortable and well-appointed as most expensive hotels, with lovely details like dressing gowns, mini-fridge, binoculars for the view, extra pillows, and lots of storage space. Oh, and everything was spotless. The breakfast, which we ordered the night before from a wide choice of options, was huge and delicious (eggs from happy chickens out front!) Cathy has done a fantastic job of separating the guest area of her house from the family area, so we didn't feel like we were intruding on someone's private life at all, although she was lovely and friendly when we saw her. The location is stupendous, well worth the drive, and really peaceful - best sleep we've had in years. Lots of walks just outside the door, no need to travel for lovely scenery. The pub, just 200 yards away, has top-notch food (I recommend the platters for samplings of local specialities). We feel really lucky that this B&B was available at short notice - she deserves to be fully occupied at all times! We had such a good time that we'll probably come back to Mull just to stay at Tigh-Na-Mara. Thank you Cathy!! - Louisa and Virginia.

Room Tip: We had two rooms upstairs with shared bathroom between rooms - felt very private and a lovely arrang...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nice comfortable homely B'n'B run by friendly locals, our rooms were on the first floor overlooking the river with fantastic views whatever the weather.
Excellent breakfasts with lots of choices.
Very close to the local pub which has amazing food and atmosphere

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Highlands
Reviewed July 30, 2012

9 miles from Tobermory on windy, single track roads - well worth going off the beaten track! Lovely B&B run by a very friendly local lady, plenty of storage space in the bright spacious room, comfy bed and pillows and a delicious, large, cooked Scottish Breakfast, plenty of cereal, toast and coffee also - the way all B&B's used to be! Lovely views over the Loch and nice walks beside the road along with the sheep! Tables outside to enjoy the view. Went to the pub for a meal, it was okay, tables squashed in and food alright but not your usual pub grub if that's what you like, a very nice classy restaurant 10 minutes the other way. Only 15 minutes drive to the white sandy shores of Calgary.

Room Tip: Room's on the left of the house with Loch view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Marblehead, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent a night on Mull during a recent visit to Europe and our stay at Tigh na Mara was certainly one of the highlights of the trip. It's in a beautiful location and we could not have been made to feel more welcome, and it's only a short walk from the local pub where the food is superb! Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Decided after a night in Fionnphort to stay in a different part of the island and more or less chose Dervaig on a whim.

The B&B is quiet, with a lovely view over the rugged foot of the loch and within easy walking distance of the village inn and church.

I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights, the only issue was we wish we could have stayed longer! Its run by a lovely lady who cooks a mean breakfast. The views from the B&B are fantastic, great views of the water. If you've never been to Mull, get booked up because you will love it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Tigh-Na-Mara Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!