“All-round wonderful”
Review of Am Birlinn

Am Birlinn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Dervaig
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Paisley, United Kingdom
“All-round wonderful”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Having been recommended we visit, by a family member, we booked up and went along.
Reserving a seat was easy, however we were a wee bit restricted in time. We took this as a good sign, that a fairly large restaurant in quite a remote part of Mull could be so busy.
We were not disappointed.
The food was superb. The service was superb. The appearance of the place oustide and in, was also lovely and clean.
I had my first experience of langoustines, and it was a tricky business! The gentleman owner was only to happy to help me and show me how to remove the shell etc. Also, he was keen to have a laugh and keep things friendly and informal.
My wife and I shared every course, and there wasn't a single item we didn't like. Really, the food was terrific.
We will definitely return!

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SO YUMMY”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We visited on the last night they were open for the season… even though they were running out of stock, everything was so wonderful! I had fish and chips… probably would get something different next time, like the soup or scallops.

Also, we were without a car… someone from the restaurant drove 10 minutes to pick us up from our B&B AND drove us back afterwards!

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow
“you wont be disappointed!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Am Birlinn- the epitome of modern, Scottish hospitality!
Immaculate restaurant in a Scandinavian-style lodge. It had an expensive feel to it, the service was personal and friendly. The bill at the end of the evening was more than reasonable for what can only be described as delicious, first rate cuisine. i had lobster chowder followed by mussels and chips. i was absolutely full to bursting at the end of the meal- which doesn't happen easily as i have the appetite of a horse!!!
If you are planning a trip to Mull this place should be on your list of places to visit. Even the fussiest of clients would be hard pushed to find fault. A truly wonderful restaurant which deserves the accolade it has earned on trip advisor!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank PollyK74
Isle of Mull, United Kingdom
“Always special!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My first visit to this restaurant was only this summer but I've now been four times and every meal has been excellent - lots of local produce and a full explanation of its source. Whether a starter of mussels, scallops, oysters, langoustines, a delicious main fish dish such as salmon on crushed potatoes with asparagus and a butter chardonnay sauce, a vegetarian three cheese, aubergine and potato gratin or the most tender venison fillet in a port and rosemary jus with dauphinoise potatoes - all these and the numerous other choices taste superb! The service provided by the chefs and front of house is also excellent - nothing a problem - and my gluten free diet is always catered for without hesitation and without my having to choose an alternative. I often have little or no choice of dessert in a restaurant but here I always have at least four choices. The restaurant is roomy and airy and we never feel rushed - a great place to spend a relaxing evening over a delicious meal.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank IMK1982
Newcastle, Australia
“Very good restaurant in great setting”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visited this restaurant last just after they had opened in 2008 when the food was terrific.Decided to visit again this time on Mull. No regrets - both food and service still as good as it was then. A little of the beaten track but well worth the trip!

• Visited September 2013