Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
1,528 results
All reviewshot tubleisure facilitiescourse taster menuferry terminalsteam roomrestaurant staffbar menubuffet styleduart castleboth nightsshort breaka bit tiredoutdoor jacuzziisle of mulllounge areamud treatmentcraignure bay
Reviewed July 4, 2010

I visited with my 90 year old mother in June staff were very helpful changing rooms to accommodate my mother's mobility needs without me requesting it. Loved the sea views and also the outdoor jacuzzi. Wild life in the garden which goes down to the beech. Deer were frequent visitors. Well placed for the ferry and exploring. Hotel with benefit from lift to lower floor and garden patio

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
BobWalker, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2010

Thank you for your positive feed back from your recent stay with us. We do so much require to here from our guests on their experince while staying with us. It assists in so many ways and points us on the right track so often.
Again my thanks for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Though clean, our room was miles from reception,the bed was uncomfortable + complimentary toiletries was a bar of soap! The elegant contemporary decor as described was in reality dull and depressing.Food was poor quality and appeared to have been reheated in the microwave (for same price we ate like kings eleswhere on our tour of Scotland).The 3 courses were finished within 40 minutes whilst the tables were being reset for breakfast. Out of 8 nights / 4 locations this experience took the shine off an otherwise perfect holiday.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
BobWalker, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to respond to your recent visit with us. I take on board all points you have highlighted and will investigate all areas you have mentioned. It is very important that we receive comments back from our costomers enabling us to attack the areas that they were not satisified with and thus allowing us to provide a beeter experience. I am sorry that you felt that your stay with us spoiled the rest of your holiday.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I was a bit nervous about going to stay here having read reviews on trip advisor.

I have to say however I was impressed.

Nice rooms tastefully decorated excellent food friendly staff and great setting overlooking the bay.

I know its only a 3 star hotel, but for what we were charged on a good 3 night deal its well worth it.

Only negative comments are. no toiletries not even a bar of soap in the bedrooms thats a wee bit shabby. I dont expect much but soap give us a break. friend found it hard to book a spa treatment as it was too busy.

This hotel has taken a lot of flak from recent comments so felt that praise where praise is due. Its on the up. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
BobWalker, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2010

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to your recent visit to us. I am always delighted to receive comments from our guests. Please be assured the toiletries must have been an oversight on our part. This is not our usual practice. I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff concerned. Again my thanks for responding.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

We had a 3 night stay here and enjoyed it. The staff are helpful, the food is good and the view over the bay magnificent. We rang to be collected from the ferry at Craignure (no charge) and this is essential: its a half mile walk along a poor path. A good tip is to ask for a room near reception: it was a very long walk from our room! The swimming pool is large and well maintained. the 3 course Dinner & coffee is a reasonable £20, but be aware that this is a hotel with many coach parties: food service is very fast indeed! Our three course dinner took less than 40 minutes every night: on one occasion our hot apple pie and custard arrived 90 seconds after we ordered it!. But don't let this put you off: it's a good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
BobWalker, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

Many thanks for taking the time to respond to your recent visit with us. I do appreciate the time our guests take to give us there views on their stay with us.
With 86 rooms it is inevitable that we do cater for groups however this has reduced over recent years and we are concentrating hard on providing a service for both indivduals and groups alike.
I am glad you enjoyed stay with us and yes the view is to die for.
Again my thanks for responding.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

Quality, Superb, Excellent, and much ,much more.
That's the opinion of 21 birdwatchers on their stay at this hotel.
Nothing's too much trouble,
The food's superb.
The service is excellent and the view from the restaurant is to die for!!!
Thanks very much Carrie. www.burbagebirders.co.uk

• Stayed: May 2010
BobWalker, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2010

Many thanks for your kind words and i will certainly pass on your comments to all the staff. It is reviews like yours that makes it all worth while and as i have mentioned in past reviews all comments from our guests are very important good or indifferent. Thank you for taking the time to respond to your stay here on Mull.