“Very good hotel in a wonderful location with warm Scottish atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa

Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Craignure
Leicester
“Very good hotel in a wonderful location with warm Scottish atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

Very good facilities in a well furbished hotel with a nice local feel evoked through modern a modern take on Scottish decor. Veryn good food including hearty bowl of porridge at breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

Wonderful staff,great food.Beautiful spa with 2 excellent therapists.Superior in every way to Loch Fyne Hotel.We were welcomed by all from Manager to back of house staff.Can't wait to return.It was a lovely trip.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2009
This is why we do what we do. Many thanks for your kind comments and i will certainly pass your comments onto the staff concerned. I am delighted you enjoyed your days on Mull and at the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

Had a couple of days here to relax. Room, restaurant and spa facilities were all really well presented and comfortable. Shame the same couldn't be said of the gardens which really looked neglected.

Food and drink from the bar menu was very tasty, but rather poor value for money. £10 for a burger with 5-6 chips seems a bit of a rip-off. At least there's a couple of other pubs nearby that do better portions!

Scottish stinginess also present in the rooms, with no biscuits on the refreshment trays and only horrible UHT milk on offer.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2009
Thank you for your comments further to your visit to the hotel. I am always pleased to receive our customers views on their stay. It does help us to focus on our guest's and directs us to where we may have got it wrong.
The new gardener started last week and i do agree with you that they have been neglected.
Again my thanks for taking the time to comment.,
Asheville NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

As part of a group of American tour operators and travel agents, I spent two nights at the Isle of Mull Hotel and Spa under the aegis of VisitScotland, the Scottish tourism board.

My first challenge came with the bed mattresses. Since I have a bad back, I asked for a firmer mattress. When I was told that all mattresses in all the rooms were the same, I asked for something firm to place on the mattress so that I could sleep without throwing out my back. I was promised that something would be done about this problem within two hours of check in. I never heard from the clerk again, and ended up spending nights moving between the chair and the floor.
Although I am uncertain about the hotel's age, it obviously has seen better days. There was a large crack across the bathroom sink; mildew was evident throughout the bathroom tiles; caulking and patchwork were evident throughout the bathroom.
Beds were not properly made up each morning. Soiled towels were not replaced.
After check out, I discovered that a camera battery charger and an extra lithium ion camera battery had been left behind in the hotel. I returned to the hotel, rechecked the room while a bell person checked in housekeeping. The items were not found. However, I was told that the head housekeeper was gone for the day and that she would be consulted the following day. The next morning, I emailed the hotel from the mainland requesting information about the lost items, which have some significant value. I received no reponse to the email.

There is one bright spot in the hotel. Meals were well-prepared, professionally presented, and the wait staff were quite helpful.

However, I would not recommend this property to my clients.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank magisterludi
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2009
Many thanks for taking the time to highlight the points you have mentioned in your response. I do appreciate guests informing us of their experience with us as it will assist in correcting the points mentioned.
I am really sorry for the lack of attention to the bed mattress as this should have been a very simple task.
Regards the charger etc i have checked with our housekeeper and lost property book and nothing has been entered or reported. We should have informed you of this by return after receiving your e-mail.
Comments from our customers are very important good or bad as thery help us focus on the areas mentioned.
Again my thanks for responding.
I did speak to the representative from Visit Scotland before the party left and no mention was made of your comments however all points are noted and will be actioned.

Travelers are raving about these Craignure hotels

Fife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

Looking for a relaxing short break and certainly not disappointed. Friendly, accommodating staff from reception to restaurant. Having a spa on site was a definate plus. We made full use of the leisure facilities and a special thanks to Ann for her wonderful treatment. A massage certainly took away all the aches and pains and the mud treatment was a new and fun experience! Not our first visit to Mull but first to Isle of Mull Hotel and its location was perfect for us. We most certainly will return to the island and would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BobWalker, Mnager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2009
Many thanks for your kind words regards your recent visit. I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff concerned. I appreciate the time you have taken to voice your comments as it is extremely important that we have feed back from our guests. Again my thanks.
Lincolnshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2009

If I'd read these reviews before booking, I would have stayed elsewhere, but to be fair, we enjoyed our stay.
The front of house staff were very helpful, polite and cheerful and the restaurant team very attentive.
The hotel does suffer from its 70s design as mentioned in other reviews, particularly the bedrooms where the heating (off when we arrived) is inadequate for chilly spring nights. Beds are firm, but comfortable (we booked a double room but were given a twin). The advertised toiletries consisted of one tablet of soap, so perhaps better not to advertise them at all.
Being vegetarian, our biggest disappointment was the lack of variety at dinner. Our package included the table d’hôte menu and although the food was fine, we were given pasta on three nights out of four. Others on our table had dishes of vegetables with their meat/fish choices, but we were told it would cost £4.50 for a green salad. We've always regarded pasta on a restaurant menu as a cop out for vegetarians – it's something we cook when in a hurry, or if we can't think of anything else, so a chef to offer that night after night is a bit suspect.
Having said all that, our package of 4 nights D,B&B, including the coach from Lincolnshire plus excursions, was good value at £270, considering the rates displayed at reception advertised B&B for £150 per night.
We loved Mull and will visit again, but stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2009
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BobWalker, Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2009
Many thanks for taking the time to respond to your recent visit.
The point about vegetarian meals and choice i take on board and will do something about it.
I am glad the rest of your visit to Mull was enjoyable and i will pass on your comments to the staff concerned.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond.
stirling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2009

Only 10-15 minutes walk from ferrie terminal and thats with a lazy 5 year old!
We arrived at 1pm,room not ready until 2.30,but was told we could use the pool.
Which we did,We did not have our own towels but the guy on the desk kindly found some for us,so we did not have to pay to hire.
The pool was fantastic,really warm,clean and best of all a great view.We also had a shot in the hot tub,could life get any better?
We had tea in the lounge which was really nice and a good price.
The room was nicely decorated it was warm and clean.
The bus stop for Tobermory was just next to the hotel,which was really handy as i did not have a car.
overall a great wee break,Me and the kids would go back

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank karin30
Thank you for responding to your recent visit to Mull and i was delighted that everything was to your liking. We do appreciate the time our guests take to collate their views on the hotel and the island.
Again masny thanks.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Craignure
Oban Bay Hotel
#1 of 13 in Oban
The Ranald Hotel
The Ranald Hotel
#2 of 13 in Oban

Been to Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!