Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,516 results
All reviewshot tubleisure facilitiescourse taster menuferry terminalsteam roomrestaurant staffbar menubuffet styleduart castleboth nightsshort breaka bit tiredoutdoor jacuzziisle of mulllounge areamud treatmentcraignure bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed for three nights in late Aug. 2013. We found the staff to be extremely friendly and also very efficient. The food was excellent. The rooms we found to be not quite as good as other Crerar hotels we have stayed in, but overall very acceptable for a 3* hotel. Our room No. 14 had a wonderful view of the sound of Mull and also the ferry terminal. Other rooms are not so well located and there is no lift. The hotel is in an excellent location for the ferry. I would recomment a trip to Iona as we found that to be just a beautiful peaceful Island. The abbey is quite moving and the museum is realy worth a visit.
Also if you are waiting on the ferry for your return to Oban walk across to Arlene's cafe for a lovely coffee or tea and some tastey home baking.

Room Tip: All rooms face the sound of Mull but I would suggest rooms 1 to 16 as they are on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank FrankieCEdinburgh
Gen M, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Hello and many thanks for taking the time to write and post your review, which I beleive readers will find very useful, if considering a trip here. I do hope that you will visit again soon. Many thanks Neal Goldsmith

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good location and the spa - especially the pool and outdoor jacuzzi - were good. The food was all ok though some local bottled ale would be an easy improvement to the bar. My single bed was not comfortable - very old mattress I reckon - staff did fit a cover which helped. On the whole, it doesnt live up to the impression given by the smart website.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DaddyBadger2010

thank you for your review, and I am pleased that you enjoyed many of the Hotel facilities. Your comment about local bottled ale, I will pass on to our group purchasing and thanks for this idea. Best regards Neal Goldsmith

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during our honeymoon. We were met by a surly receptionist who had a bad attitude. The restaurant had staff who treated each other in a derogatory way. They had a new staff member who asked a colleague for help and was refused. Then laughed at as he made a mistake! The bedroom door did not lock and we had a person wander in in the early hours. The only redeeming thing was the Spa. This area was lovely and the australian lady who looked after me was excellent. Afraid there is not much else to recommend this place. Sadly.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank angi01

Hello and thanks for your review. I am sorry if you felt there was an issue with your welcome on arrival. I do wish that perhaps you had asked to speak to mysel or my wife, about the issues you mention as this would have given us an opportunity to check and look into things.. After the event, it is not really possible to find out about the incident you mention.
Kind regards Neal Goldsmith

Reviewed September 1, 2013

There is a reason why there are so many terrible and poor ratings on Tripadvisor for the Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa.It is well located with a great views from the hotel's lounge and restaurant then you get to your room !

After going up and down stairs about four times and a maize of corridors we finally got to Room 49. A cold, damp and very musty smelling room, a bathroom in need of refurbishment, an uncomfortable hard lumpy double bed and no view.

We asked if there was another room and where told the hotel was full that night but we could move to Room 2 the next day. Room 2 has got a wonderful view and a more comfortable bed but also has a not so great smelling bathroom.

The hotel has a multi cultural staff, some of which where very good and others who where abrupt or just didn't understand English very well. The buffet breakfast was well cooked and the restaurant and is well decorated as are the lounge and reception areas.

Would I stay there again or recommend it to a friend - defiantly not !

Room Tip: Do not stay in rooms 2 or 49.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marshallLancashire

Hello and thanks for your review. I am sorry that we fell below expectation and do wish that perhaps you had asked to speak to me during your stay to discuss matters. The hotel, like all hotels, is constantly under refurbishment and as I write there are decorators here painting bedrooms and corridors. Mattresses are constantly replaced as are other items. The design of the Hotel does mean there can be a walk to rooms, but no further than many large hotels, and we are always happy to assist with luggage if asked. I can see from your review that reception were as helpful as possible in moving you when they could, We do have a variety of staff from across Europe, but all do speak and understand English. I can only apologise if you were disapointed in any way, this is not our aim. Regards Neal Goldsmith

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in room below the dining room. The views were spectacular but when the dining room was in use it was very noisy in our room - we could here the staff hoovering! Bed was not very comfortable and no shelves in the bathroom to put anything. Ate at hotel on first night and had packed lunch next day both very good. Spa facilities very good. Staff were very attentive but when checking out was not asked if we had enjoyed our stay which I thought was very odd.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not below the dining room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rona J

Hello and thanks for taking the time to write and post your review following your stay with us. I am sorry if any hoovering in the restaurant disturbed you and I have spoken with the team and reminded them of times when hoovering is permitted and when not. I have also spoken with reception, we do normally as a matter of course ask if a guest has enjoyed their stay on check out and I apologise if this did not happen. Thanks for mentioning these things, so that we can take action, I am pleased overall you enjoyed you stay and hope you will return. Best regards Neal Goldsmith