“Great Hospitality and Good Food”

Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Craignure
“Great Hospitality and Good Food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We attended a dinner dance here. We decided to make a weekend of it and arrived a day early, although apprehensive as the last time we were here for the dinner dance it was awful, but this time could not have been more different. The staff were wonderful and helpful, the food and swimming pool were lovely. Our room was basic but clean and a lovely view of the bay where we could watch he ferry come and go. If you had asked me last year about here I would have warned you off but now I cannot recommend it enough. It just shows what a bit of care and training in service can do. I am really looking forward to next year.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Eve247
Gen M, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest – Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed attending your recent dinner dance with us here. I can assure you that I have spoken to the organiser and we have pencilled in a date for next year so I will look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
Farnham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We booked the isle of mull hotel and spa for a relaxing get away and it could not have been more perfect. The staff were friendly and did everything they could for you, the food was wonderful, the spa rooms and treatments were amazing. The views from the hotel were exceptional, every window was breathtaking. We will definitely be returning in the summer!

2 Thank Chloe M
Dear Guest – Many thanks for taking the time to post your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your relaxing break with us here. It is our clear goal to build a good base of guests that enjoy the experience of staying here at the Hotel and reading comments like yours assures us we are heading in the right direction. I look forward to you returning in the summer. Kind Regards
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We booked the Isle of Mull Hotel and Spa, last minute for a birthday getaway for my husband. We arrived on the early morning ferry and decided to go along to the hotel to get some information on the Island as we had never been to Mull before. The staff were very friendly and informed us our room would be ready asap. The hotel was not as busy because of the winter season. They also gave us lots of information on where to go and what we could see and do for the time of year. The Hotel on first impressions from the outside is not the best looking building but once inside is cosy, clean, and welcoming. Our room was fairly small but well equipped and clean. I chose the Valentine package that included bubbly and chocolates in our room and upgraded to dinner on both nights. The price for our package was very reasonable and due to this was not expecting the food to be of such high standard. I was very wrong as it was fab on both nights with great friendly service. We were even given our wine on the house on my Husbands birthday. The spa facilities were really good. Just the thing after a days sightseeing. The staff could not have been more helpfull, going out of their way to make our weekend relaxing and special. Thanks to everyone for your great srevice. We will be back ASAP.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest – Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I noticed that you came on the valentine’s package, so keep an eye on our website as we have numerous great offers coming up for our guests. I do hope you won’t leave it until your husband’s next birthday to return and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here in January on a spa break and the whole experience was exceptional. We arrived at the hotel, admittedly it doesn't look spectacular from the outside but the views from inside are breathtaking. The receptionist could be more attentive she ensured we had very thing we could wish for. The hotel is only partially open this time of year we were told but the customer service was second to none. They even went as far as making my partner something not on the menu as she didn't fancy anything. The Spa WOW, the views are amazing and the treatments were relaxing and the therapists were exceptional again with the service. Our room was basic but had everything needed and was comfortable and the view breathtaking, it is true what they say the staff make a place and they have got it right here. All in all it is the first break we have been on in a far while and will definitely recommend and return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank william m
Gen M, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest – Firstly may I thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us, we are so pleased that we, not only met, but in some areas exceeded your expectations. I am glad you had chance to experience all aspects of the Hotel & Spa whilst you were here and you enjoyed yourselves. I have passed on your comments to the team as they will be happy to hear about your comments. I do hope you will visit again and I look forward to welcoming you. Kind Regards
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We booked a last minute weekend break to the Isle of Mull Hotel and Spa. Yes it needs some TLC, brightening up, and more attention to detail, but what we found was a comfortable, exceptionally clean hotel, friendly helpfull staff and really good food. Excellent set menu in the evenings had us looking forward to our meals, piping hot well cooked breakfast was excellent, including black pudding , haggis and tattie scones.
Our deal was Dinner B&B and whilst we were there in February and were given an excellent deal, I would not have liked to pay full price for this hotel.
The rooms are comfortable and warm, all looking on to the sea. But stained silicone around the bath, smelly shower curtain, tired bathroom flooring, dreadful coffee in rooms are only little things which could be made better with little effort. The bed was a double, but a neat, smallish double. The pool /sauna/steam room were nice and relatively inviting. Would I return? Maybe......

Room Tip: all rooms face on to the sea.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest- Firstly I would like to thank you for not only writing a review but also for your kind words regarding my team here at the Hotel & Spa. I have taken on board the comments you have made with regard to the bathroom and coffee and have taken the appropriate action necessary to rectify these small things. As a whole it appears that you did enjoy your stay with us and as such I would urge you to return to us to see that we are constantly improving our service and standards to meet our guest expectations. I look forward to welcoming you. Kind Regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As you arrive on the island the Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa is only a minutes drive from the ferry port. It looks ok on arrival but when you enter the Hotel things start to go downhill. You might be lucky to find someone on reception and when you do they regard you as a number, not a customer. The Hotel just expects bookings because of its location and it does not work hard to encourage return custom. It needs alot of updating to its rooms as the beds are some of the most uncomfortable I have experienced on my travels. As for value for money, the less said about this the better.
I hope they take note of some negative reviews they receive because it is daylight robbery for the cost of the rooms in the months of June and July. I paid £92 per night for a dingy single room in June and although they charged me £32 per night in December I feel as though the cost should be £32 in June for the standard of room. Be aware!

Room Tip: Dont go for any rooms close to the Spa. The noise was unbearable at times from a leaky gutter outsi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TamBlue
Dear Guest – May I thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry as it is clear that we failed to meet your expectations on the first occasion and also as a returning guest on this occasion. I am the new General Manager here at the Hotel & Spa and only wished that you had spoken to me prior to departure to allow me the opportunity to rectify the issues you had. The Hotel, and the Company, take pride in and works hard at keeping our guests happy and returning to us. It is unfortunate but the Isle of Mull is mostly seasonal as a place and as such we reduce size in the out season, however we strive to upkeep the level of customer service and I am sorry that you feel we failed in this. The prices for stays does alter dependant on time of year but also the package do, the £92 paid in June included dinner and breakfast in season, whereas the December stay was for the room only out of season. I do also thank you for the letting us know about the bed in the room you stayed in as we are reliant on guest feedback for this. I do hope you will return for a third time to give us a chance to show how we are constantly striving to improve our product and customer service and should you do so I look forward to welcoming you. Kind Regards
Craignure, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just had sunday lunch at the Isle of Mull Hotel. Which is under new management, what can I say, a choice of two or three delicious courses, a great experience from start to finish. Excellent food, excellent service and a fantastic view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest – Many thanks for your kind comments regarding our Sunday Luncheon here at the Hotel & Spa. We are always looking for ways to improve all areas of our business to all of our different guests and we are always pleased when a service we give meets or exceeds our guest expectation. I do trust you will return, not only for Sunday Luncheon but perhaps for our Steak Nights every Thursday and other services we offer here at the Hotel & Spa. Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Craignure
Oban Bay Hotel
Manor House Hotel
Manor House Hotel
#1 of 13 in Oban
Mingarry Park Luxury Accommodation & Restaurant

Been to Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!