“Superb!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Craignure
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel for the weekend with the Girls for a nice relaxing weekend. I was very impressed with the whole hotel and the Spa facility's were amazing too. Would recommend the Hotel to anyone looking for a nice chilled out weekend and the Island it's self is a beautiful place. Just like to say as well the Manager is doing a great job at running this hotel with the're friendly and helpful staff. Well done you. Thanks again for a great weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor.

We are all very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Gemah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
ft william
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed with a group of friends for a Girls Night In Spa Break in September. We had pre-booked spa treatments. The spa facility was the best aspect of the overnight stay, with the spa staff being friendly and efficient. Overall the hotel was very basic. Rooms were clean, but the staff did not have very good attitudes and were not prepared to offer things not on the menu. We asked for liquer coffees, but they could not make these as they are not on the standard bar menu! We were also disappointed to be told that a few items on the dinner menu were also not available, after we had ordered them! Although they did offer us a small discount off the price. Agree with other reviews that dining room staff attitudes ranged from casual to abrupt, and need advice on cleanliness. I left a cardigan in my room. On phoning the hotel later that day, they said it could not be found! So, all in all...I would not return to this hotel or recommend it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor.

I was disappointed to read your review and learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us; I was also very disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you during your stay, when we could have rectified the issues raised, we never like to hear of any of our guests leaving us unhappy.

I am terribly sorry that you were unable to order a dish that had become unavailable, our chefs prepare and serve over 2500 meals per week, and we can on occasions run out of the most popular dishes, I am glad to hear you were offered a discounted price.

All our guests’ views are important to us and we have taken your comments on board and once again I would like to thank you for your review, and my apologies that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to reinstall your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is in a good location and quite clean. I was very disappointed with the tiny room and extremely narrow bed. There was not even a bedside table, so I moved a piece of furniture near the bed. The staff in the dining room were rather casual and the set munus was quite basic and disappointing compared with seven other Scottish hotel I stayed at..[I guess that seasonal staff are not always highly motivated.] They obviously have no trouble getting custom due to their promimity to Tobermory, Duart Castle and the ferry to Iona.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Betula103
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review, we are always appreciative of the time in which our guests take to leave us their feedback.

All our guests’ views are important to us and we have taken your comments on board.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review, and my apologies that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to reinstall your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my fiancé for 3 nights(15-18th Oct) we booked through easy break and got a good deal. We were allocated room 10 which had a great view over the bay to where the ferry came in, stunning.The spa area is lovely again with great views across the bay. The staff are all very pleasant and polite and were more than happy to help with our queries. The food on all 3 nights was amazing, meat so tender it fell apart. It was also beautifully presented. Breakfast too was very good with a good variety. Public area was lovely to sit in with a drink.The only issue was that the bed was uncomfortable but that is just a minor thing which would not stop us returning to this great hotel. We will be back very soon!!

• Stayed October 2012
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor.

We are all very pleased you enjoyed your short stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed two nights in October, nothing about this hotels gets you excited, The staff were nice service was ok, decor was dated and well worn,but it was clean.
The room was ok, but the bed and pillows were as hard as rocks, asked for softer pillows at reception , if they were changed then all there pillows must be hard, the view was out towards Criagnure , however because of how far the rooms are from the front door and every smoker just hangs out the window, there is a strong smell of smoke in rooms (thought we had got past that) and the ground outside the windows was like one big ash tray.
The breakfast was nice ,plenty to choose from and all hot and well cooked.
Would I go back ! I would have to try all the other hotels on Mull first.
Do some decorating over the winter , you have a great location near the ferry ,nice staff , just needs some TLC.

Room Tip: Ask for one near reception ,ours was miles away, up and down stairs ,and not one that smells of smok...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip advisor. I was disappointed to read your review and learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us; I was also very disappointed that I did not have the opportunity to speak with you during your stay.

All of our pillows are new and most of them will be overstuffed, I am sorry you did not find these to your liking.

I am terribly sorry that you could smell smoke in your room as we take the smoking ban very seriously in the hotel and anyone caught smoking inside the premises would be subject to a fine as displayed throughout the hotel, Should you have reported it at the time we would have provided you with a new room almost instantly, not only that but we could have taken action against anyone found to be breaking the law.

In regards to your comment about the ash around the hotel I am baffled at where you have seen the ash as our gardens are maintained daily by our gardener and anything as such would be reported and dealt with immediately.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review, and express my deepest regret and apologies that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to reinstall your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Michael
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Crerar Hotels in Loch Fyne and Nairn which we really enjoyed, were hoping for exactly the same set up, but were quite disappointed by the hotel in Mull. Bit shabby and dated nice Anta style interiors, food from the set menu was fairly basic and limited. Room was a little on the small side. Great spa facilities and lovely warm pool ( bits of fluff were floating in the water though).

Spa treatments were excellent with friendly hotel staff, only they refused to wash out the babies bottles, something we never came across in any hotel before here and the UK.

All in all did not compete with its sisters in Loch Fyne and Nairn and Oban

Room Tip: Some are bit paper thin can hear the tv in the other rooms.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on trip adviser, we are always appreciative of the time in which our guests take to leave us their feedback, as you will appreciate our guests views are important to us.

When the pool has been well used the water does not circulate fast enough through our sand filters, however over the course of a few hours it all gets taken in through skimmers which cleanses the water.

In regards to your comment about the babies’ bottles, we can rinse them for you but unfortunately we cannot steam wash the bottles in our dishwasher as you requested due to health a safety reasons which was explained at the time.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review, and express my apologies that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it could have been, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to reinstall your confidence in our hotel in the future.

Kindest Regards
Michael
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We came over from Ireland for a 10 day trip around the Highlands and Islands . We stayed at the Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa for 3 nights. I found the service to be brilliant and really loved the warm welcome we were given from the minute we arrived . The spa facilities were great and the food was equally as good . I would definitely recommend this hotel as its a fantastic little gem in the highlands with lots to offer and beautiful surroundings . I must also commend the staff as they were warm, welcoming and this created a lovely relaxing atmosphere

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank exce11ent
GemahG, General Manager at Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on our hotel.

We are happy to hear that we made your honeymoon relaxing and enjoyable and I have passed your kind comments on to the team here at the hotel.

Once again many thanks for posting your review and I hope to welcome you back to the Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa in the not too distant future.

Gemah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Craignure
Oban Bay Hotel
Manor House Hotel
Manor House Hotel
#1 of 13 in Oban
Mingarry Park Luxury Accommodation & Restaurant

Been to Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!