Fantastic location, that's brilliant, but this hotel so let us down on our trip here. On our stay here, it became a comedy of errors!!
1. We didn't like our room we were given, so the receptionist kindly gave us another, which we were happy enough with, however, on getting ready to go for dinner on our first evening there, a couple opened our room door, and said that our room was there's! On explanation, this couple had been given the same numbered room key's to our room! Seconds later, Reception called our room, and said that we were in the wrong room, I then said if this was correct, then how did I get into the room?? Apology accepted to me.
2. In all the time we stayed there, 3 days in total, our room never properly locked and when it did, it wouldn't open! Rather frustrating having to have staff open it all the time.
3. Breakfasts are nice, they're buffet style. However, dining in the evening, was an experience. On first evening there, we had paid for our meal, as this was the deal. This gave us a choice of meals from a set menu, which was rather basic. We were told me could choose from the A La Carte Menu at a reduced price, as we were residents. Great we thought, but every dish we chose on this, we were told it was not available, and believe me, this was extensive.
4. After our first night there, we went out and about next day sight seeing. We returned around 16:30 p.m, to fight to open the room door again, and on entry found our room had never been cleaned, nor bed made, and no fresh towels etc. Ended up doing, and getting this done myself.
5. No Soap in toilet of hotel room. When I asked about this, I was told that this hotel do not provide soap in the bathrooms!! So, I again went and provided this myself.
All in all, we ate in a lovely wee hotel in Mull the rest of our stay, and so did most of the residents who were staying there too, as we all chatted and recognised each other.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sitting on the crescent of Craignure Bay with gardens that stretch to the water's edge, spectacular views across to the mainland can be enjoyed from every room or close by there are views of castles, beaches and the abundant sea life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Isle of Mull Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isle Of Mull Hotel And Spa
- Isle Of Mull Hotel Craignure
- Hotel Isle Mull
- Isle Mull Hotel
- Isle Of Mull Hotel & Spa Craignure