Baile-na-Cille
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Timsgarry
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
Caladh Inn(Stornoway)
Hamersay House(North Uist)
View Hotel
All reviewsother guestsuig sandsthe ownercommunal diningtable footballsense of humourbar billiardsevening mealstunning viewscheese boardenjoyable staystayed nightscamping tripjoannamansehouseweather
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stunning position in remote Lewis - it really is as good as it looks in the photos - Jo & Richard do a fabulous job looking after their guests. The food was inventive, plentiful and delicious. Stayed 5 nights and would have happily stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank robindaly
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have never written a trip advisor recommendation for anything, but my experience at Baile na Cille requires that I do! I sincerely hope that Jo and Richard (the proprietors) do not have any more guests like me come to visit their B&B, for their own sanity. If it is the case that you are prone to disaster, you might consider making a reservation at Baile na Cille. Where do I start? Getting the manual car from the airport that I was in a panic about how to drive? Or negotiating how to reschedule my St. Kilda trip that got cancelled two days in a row? Or how about the Highland cow I hit with my car in the dark just miles from their place? By all counts I should be in a psychiatric ward from all that happened, if it were not for Jo and Richard 's concern, attention, and unbelievable help. I won't actually list the things they did because I would hate to have this be an expectation of their guests! But needless to say they absolutely saved my butt and saved my vacation. If you are the kind of person that wants to stay in a corporate, laminated, sterile hotel, stay clear! But if you are the kind of person who loves comfort, warmth, and good cheer, stay here! I have never been treated with such care and kindness by people I was paying. A truly special place. And a great deal, by the way, for solo travellers, both in terms of the cost plus in terms of always having very nice people around to talk to.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank PJ H
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Timsgarry, on Uig Bay in the Outer Hebrides, feels like the far end of the world; beautiful, quiet, relaxing, with deer on the moor nearby and sand in the bay. The breakfasts and evening meals are superb, in both quality and quantity. We first visited Baile-na-Cille in 2001, and have been back several times since; there is little point in going anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roger W
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I arrived here with my husband after travelling for around 20hours.
Hungry and tired, first time on the Harris/Lewis.
What a beautiful part of Scotland.
We were made extremely welcome and fed and watered exceeding all expectations and very much appreciated and very kind and thoughtful.
The service we received was faultless, what lovely and interesting genuine people.
Come here for the peace and quiet and unobtrusive service in fabulous countryside on an Island, soul food!
The meals were great too, and, prepared with great skill, love and attention, totally yummy and plenty of it.
Stand outside, stand still, soak up the views, listen to the wind whispering in your ear, the silence is deafening initially, but, take a few deep breaths of pure fresh air, relax your face,neck, shoulders and back, smell the pure air, switch your head off listening to the silence, accept the here and now, and - feel the stress fall away.
Take a walk slowly up to the community shop, say hello and smile!
Get into the groove that is island time and chill!
Relax and enjoy being in the here and now, feed your soul and, you won't get heartburn - just a bit of heart ache on returning to the mainland.
Don't forget to look out for the rabbits, birds and, the varied plant life, that grows freely, anywhere and everywhere it chooses!
Personally we would return over and over and over.
Thankyou to all at BnC, hope to see you sooner rather than later!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room, come here for being here, not being in a bedroom!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VirginiaJoyH
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This bed and breakfast is the best I have ever stayed in.

Aside from the location, which has to be one of best in the world, the owner and staff made our stay extra special.

Situated right on the beach this b&b is ideal for the family. On top of this the facilities at the b&b are first class. Table football, bar billiard, tv room and the quiet room were all well used by our family but best of all was the grass tennis court. The rooms are spacious and comfortable with great views. Breakfasts were amazing but on top of this the owner cooks evening meals to die for.

I can not praise the owner enough.

Best wishes