“Dare I say.... Perfect!”
Review of Cabarfeidh Hotel

Cabarfeidh Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Stornoway
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendliest receptionist ever, really helpful, organised and polite and this level of service continued. I was just checking in at 9pm but the restaurant staff were only too pleased to take my order, a mixed grill, which was perfect!

After a wander and some fresh air I came back to my room, and I know it's only a little thing but the TV worked, and the wifi signal meant i could finish my work in my room rather than having a early start in the office the next day.

Comfortable bed and an amazing shower, which certainly woke me up.

Great fresh breakfast, again with excellent service and a hassle free check out. The whole stay put me in a great mood ready for the day ahead. I hope to be back again soon!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed one night with a colleague on a business trip. Hotel looks like a modern box but is more attractive on the inside. Easy parking and good location. My room was a little noisy as it overlooked the back of the kitchens so I would not choose this room again but my colleague's room was quiet as are most of the others. Room was clean and of a reasonable size. We were most impressed with the restaurant. The bar had a very good range of gins and whisky. Food was to a high standard both at dinner and breakfast. Accommodation was average but dining was very good.

Room Tip: Don't go for one overlooking the back of the kitchens to rear of hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CJSinScotland
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We recently ate in the restaurant and the food was really very good. My starter of black pudding and blue crab cake was lovely but the duck in ginger and orange sauce was delightful. The staff were very attentive and the atmosphere was good. We were a party of 6 and we all left the restaurant very happy, satisfied people

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Four of us arrived on bicycles after a 35.5mile cycle, against a headwind, from Tarbert on South Harris. I was prepared to be disappointed when I saw the hotel from the outside! However, The Cabarfeidh Hotel proved to be a good find. Fortunately were were staying two nights! We arrived tired and wet but we were immediately given a friendly welcome and shown somewhere dry and secure to store our bikes. The inside of this large hotel is modern and well appointed ... the rooms appear to be undergoing refurbishment. Our two, double/twin-bedded, en-suite rooms were comfortable and we eat well in the restaurant on both evenings. The centre of Stornoway is about a 15min walk away ... for the cyclists amongst us there is one bike shop (new) very near to the hotel and one in the town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sprite1967
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, arriving on the late ferry I believe I was the last guest to check in. Reception welcomed me by name and ensured I could still have dinner, even had a large glass of wine waiting on me when I came down after dropping bags into my room. Food lovely, staff lovely, room lovely! Some areas were tired looking but my room was good, not a fantastic view and hotel isn't the prettiest I've ever stayed in but the friendly staff and excellent food are more important in my book.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Another long day travelling from Mallaig on the Ulsterbus Outer Hebrides tour. The hotel was lovely, a wee bit out of Stornoway but very welcoming. Staff boarded the coach with great welcome and envelope for each passenger containing room details.
The room was well appointed with more than adequate space, nice en suite and very comfortable beds.
We stayed over two nights. On the first night we opted for the restaurant for dinner, it was superb and the staff were excellent, on our second night we joined our coach party for dinner - again it was a very enjoyable meal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here because our ferry had technical difficulties and was cancelled, so we needed somewhere to stay overnight that was close to the ferry terminal. It really wasn't nice. The bathroom was in need of updating and not especially clean (someone else's hair in the bath and on the shower curtain - YUK!!!). The bedroom had dusty corners too which generally didn't make for a comfortable night. We were very glad to leave for our early ferry at 5.30am.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AlisonandColin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stornoway
Royal Hotel Stornoway
#1 of 1 in Carloway
Hebridean Guest House
Hebridean Guest House
#5 of 24 in Stornoway

Been to Cabarfeidh Hotel? Share your experiences!