“Fantastic deli with lovely staff !”

The Good Food Boutique
Ranked #2 of 4 Shopping in Stornoway
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We bought our ferry "picnic" here and the three crusty seeded rolls were all really tasty with fab fillings of hummus+red pepper, beef+horseradish and brie+cranberry, with added salad. We also bought a lemon drizzle cake which was light and lemony, delicious !
The staff were friendly and helpful, giving us plenty napkins and a plastic knife to cut the cake ! What a great place.

3  Thank pinkfleece

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We bought some local cream cheese and AMAZING smoked beef which we took on our camper van holiday with us. We were honeymooning in the Hebrides and this was a great start. We never found anywhere else selling the smoked beef so don't miss out!!

2  Thank ClearlyAM
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy visiting stornoway but when you have a 5 yr old with you the choice of decent restaurants isnt huge.
We tend to just stick to a couple of places that we know are family friendly & while they are ok they are usually just ok & not great.
On this short break we have had takeaways from an Indian, a chip shop & we have also dined out at two local restaurants.
But none of them have served food that was as good as a simple sandwich that my wife picked up for me at the good food boutique.
After a visit to an lanntair where I had ordered 2 courses on one evening I found myself wishing my wife had just bought me 2 sandwiches instead of 1 and I could have had it for lunch & dinner.
They were excellent & the shop has many other treats available.
The next time were in stornoway it's a good bet that I will be doing my food shopping here instead of eating out.
The quality of goods is much better than any other place in town and that makes all the difference.

2  Thank Brian W
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I must try to visit this shop more often and I would urge all readers who are Stornoway food shoppers to do the same. The brown lentil and mushroom pate and little cheese-stuffed red peppers were yesterday's lunch and are "to die for". There is a wonderful selection of fresh, bottled and tinned delicacies. Do try the raspberry and pepper salad dressing. But I could go on forever. Just treat yourself!

1  Thank addanegg
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I've been shopping here since it opened and have found this shop to be foodie heaven. The perfect service, the astonishing range of cheeses, oils, teas and assorted goodies, plus the way there is always something new to try. A particular favourite are the exquisite little stuffed peppers. It's not that long ago that fresh chillies were first available in Stornoway - I had to stop a little old lady from nibbling on a green chilli to "see what it was like"!