“Very nice B & B”
Review of The Rowans

The Rowans
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stornoway
The Rowans
Ranked #14 of 24 Stornoway B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Rowans is a modern house located about 20+ minutes walk from the centre of Stornoway—not very central but the owner’s care of this place makes it special. She even allowed me to hang my washing on her line to dry and brought it in for me before I returned from touring that day.

I stayed in #4, a single ensuite room on the upper floor, which had a very comfortable wide single bed, a dresser, a short wardrobe, beside table and chair, but little floor space. In contrast the bathroom was quite spacious and I kept my suitcase on the floor in there. The bathroom had a shower with a dispenser with shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. The skylight style window opened to the breezes but was too high to afford any view. There was also a small refrigerator on the dresser and the Coop supermarket was only a 5-10 minute walk away. There was a television with DVD player and the B & B had a large selection of DVDs for guest to use. Although the website mentions free wifi, it’s actually a wired connection that was available so I was not able to use my tablet.

The breakfast offered a large selection of items including fresh cut fruit.

The Rowans is a very nice B & B. Without a car, though, it was not very convenient for visiting the town centre.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank comcox

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed at Ann's B&B The Rowans for two nights on a recent tour of the Hebrides. This was a great place to stay - our room was huge, with a comfy king size bed, a couple of armchairs, TV, DVD player (and lots of DVDs to borrow), fridge, WIFI, books.........everything we needed and more besides. The en suite shower room was lovely. The whole house was clean and fresh, and Ann is one of those hosts that we all hope to encounter when travelling. We would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have just stayed with Anne at her B&B in Stornoway. The Rowans is a new built B&B with lovely, comfortable rooms and great bathrooms. There is a large flat screen TV and a little refrigerator in each room, pretty, pristine bedding and large, fluffy towels. The dining room is also fresh and has a great choice of cold and hot dishes. Anne cooked whatever we wanted to order, and it was all delicious. It's a ten minute walk from the very centre of town, or if you have a car there is plenty of off-street parking. I really enjoyed my two night stay and would recommend The Rowans.

Room Tip: It's not a noisy location, so it doesn't matter which room you are given.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2012

First time in Stornoway for our first Ceilidh wedding, and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! Anne (the owner) was so friendly and couldn't do more to help us! The rooms were really spacious and had all the facilities you could need, it was also really close to town.

I will be staying here again when we next visit Stornoway!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I have just got back from The Rowans this weekend and I was greatly impressed by the service offered that I thought I must write a review asap! The B&B was well located about 10 minutes walk from the centre of the town. The family run hotel was clean, spacious and very homely. The B&B owner offered us a great service and was very helpful, kind and polite during our stay. I would definitely go back if I was in the area again.

I would really recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area as I think it would be suitable for couples, families, singles and business trips.

Thanks to everyone at The Rowan for a great stay!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Stayed at the Rowans for the first 2 nights of our 1st Outer Hebrides Island Hopping Holiday. Lovely spotless accomodation, well appointed en suite room with first class facilities. Large comfortable king size bed, tea & coffee making facilities with excellent choice of beveridges frequently replenished, even small fridge in room. Lounging space within room available to chill & watch TV or view a DVD. A Hearty breakfast was served by Ann in her lovely breakfast room choosen from a varied menu, setting us up for the day. We have never stayed at B&B accomodation before and were a little apprehensive but if Ann's hospitality and accomodation is what we can expect, then we are very much looking forward to the rest of our hoiday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Stayed for a couple of weeks in May 2008 and a couple of times since and would fully recommend. Comfortable, warm and friendly with a choice of breakfast second to none.
Ann is the perfect host and whether its business or pleasure provides a high standard of accommodation and beats the local hotels by a mile.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business