“Amazing food!”

Solas Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 40 Restaurants in Stornoway
Cuisines: British, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Just had a 3 course dinner at Solas and it was absolutely delicious, best food I've had in years. Would go every night if I could :)

• Visited February 2014

Stornoway
“Brilliant meal. Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have reviewed Solas before, but make no apologies for singing its praises again. Went there last Saturday night with friends and had a wonderful meal. Knew there was a bit of a re-shuffle in the kitchen and was delighted that Eoghainn has managed to add to the restaurant's already blossoming reputation.
I started with the smoked salmon terrine which was rich and strong, but light and very tasty.
The main course was venison and I have to say, whist always a fan of the meat, I have on occasion found dishes (not here) where it has been poorly cooked leading to a disappointing meal.
This was perfect.
Simply perfect.
I can honestly say that I have seldom tasted a meat dish so succulent.
I am not known for being silent for long periods of time, but I'm afraid my contribution to the conversation at our table completely stopped whilst I 'appreciated' what was in front of me.
I followed with the Banoffee Pie and a dollop of ice-cream, then in a moment of clarity ( I don't have many), asked for the cheese-board and a coffee.
The perfect compliment to one of the best meals I've had in many years

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank NorrieT
Topanga, California
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a restaurant in the Cabarfeidh Hotel. We were there early so had the place almost to ourselves. The food was excellent. We were seated by the big window wall which was pleasant.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank wsk3
Penicuik, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

This restaurant is in the Caberfeidh hotel and is fairly large, however the service was simply great throughout the evening. Restaurant staff were attentive and the menu was very varied with dishes that would suit most tastes.

The meal was just superb, well cooked using local produce with good size portions all very attractive presentation. The food tasted great!!

If in the area again we will revisit the restaurant for a great meal.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Broomhillbillys
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Solas and the Sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've been again with friends who are locals. This time for Sunday lunch. It was a blustery day, but when the sun came out, it was pretty hot in the conservatory bit and you had to put up with the sight of the smokers standing outside the windows, so maybe better to sit inside..
Interesting wine list and we had a goodish NZ pinot noir. I thought my Lewis lamb was a bit ordinary, but the mussels as a starter were brilliant; I needed a spoon to eat all the very tasty sauce. Service was a bit up and down, but mostly attentive.

• Visited April 2013