“Good alternative”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Having been unable to get reservations at another restaurant we ended up at Stornoway Baltimore House, but we were not disappointed. The staff were nice and efficient and the food was very good. We enjoyed the friendly nature of the staff. Worth a visit.

1  Thank Clarebell1
There are newer reviews for Stornoway Balti House

Reviewed September 20, 2013

On my way to tonight's B&B, I realised I needed a quick meal, and I stopped in here. 40 minutes later, I was out and off after a rather good meal. Chicken Tikka, followed by Lamb Kashmiri. Excellent food at a fair price. Place was empty apart from me, but it was early evening.
I often wonder how we end up with Balti Restaurants in these remote corners of the UK. Whatever the reason, I'm grateful.
NB : 20 years ago, I was regaled by a chum claiming that he drove off the ferry to be met by "Rajiv McTavish's Curry House", the apparent home of the Tandoori Black Pudding. He may have been lying, but this harbour-facing Balti is an excellent alternative.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I didn't t have high expectation of this meal, however last night on Lewis with no one in the mood to cook thought we'd have a curry. And wow, what a revelation - my king prawn bhuna was excellent, as was my travelling companions jalfrezi and rogan. Staff were really friendly and hospitable, and will be straight there on my return visit next year.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love curry and like to try different dishes where ever I go. Although most of the meals I had tried before, I did manage to find a new meal which did not disappoint. The food and service were excellent. The prices reasonable and ambience great.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed in Stornoway while touring Harris and Lewis and decided to eat at the Stornoway Balti. The restaurant is nice and located on the seafront. The staff were helpful and the food was very good with an extensive menu. Personally, this restaurant offers better Indian food than many in Welsh and English towns and cities. If you are in the Stornoway area, it's worth a visit for a quality Indian meal.