“no complaints”

Ranked #29 of 41 Restaurants in Stornoway
Chernobyl, Ukraine
“no complaints”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

AFter foolishly trying to find anywhere sereving a sit down meal after 9pm on a friday night, we were stuck with the option of a takeaway.

We opted for 'Peking Cuisine' because it was the first place we came to, and we were hungry.

The food was perfectly fine - I've eaten better, but I have also had considerably worse.

I certainly wouldn't hunt this place out again - but if I was passing, and hungry for chinese food, I would not walk by either.

Perfectly acceptable.

• Visited April 2012

stornoway
“best ever”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

The best in Stornoway and better than most I've had anywhere.Top notch

Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Out of all the Chinese food places in Stornoway the Peking has to be my favourite, with its constant quality and taste. I find others can be a bit of a hit or a miss. Chips are always cooked well and sauces are really somthing with the meats always cooked to perfection. Keep up the good work!

1 Thank DuckChipsAndGravy
Stornoway, United Kingdom
“Bland sauces, not a great choice if you are vegetarian”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Not a great option if you're mad enough to be vegetarian in Stornoway :)

There were only a few veggie choices - we went for veg spring rolls, veg + satay sauce, veg + garlic sauce, veg chow mein and egg fried rice.

On the up side, the spring rolls were excellent, and the vegetables generally were nice and not overcooked.

On the downside they were pretty much identical in each dish. We couldn't actually work out which was supposed to be the satay sauce, which isn't a great advert for it (a hint of peanut would have helped). The chow mein sauce was also fairly anonymous. The egg fried rice didn't have much egg in it, and nothing so exotic as a spring onion.
On the whole, underwhelming. Service wasn't bad, but couldn't really be called friendly.