“A perfect cottage for a perfect holiday”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Roag's End Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Cottage -
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 4
Carloway, Isle of Lewis, Lewis and Harris, Outer Hebrides, The Hebrides, Scotland

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Steffyhea...
cheshire
“A perfect cottage for a perfect holiday”
Reviewed October 19, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

For my partners 50th birthday, I booked a holiday to the outer hebrides and Skye, and Roags end cottage was our Lewis accommodation. I found it through trip adviser, and was impressed with the reviews and photos, and it exceeded our expectations. We had a fantastic holiday here, the cottage was so comfy and cozy, especially at the end of our long walking and St Kilda boat trip days.It was my first ever holiday to the isle of Lewis, luckily we had great weather, but we totally enjoyed our week here, and the cottage made it a special time. thank you so much for making our holiday memorable, loved the free range eggs, and wine, and the high quality of the cottage.
A perfect base to explore Lewis and Harris, the landscape and colours never ceased to amaze me. Such a beautiful place.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the cozy homeliness but high quality
Liked least: it was all great
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
mark jame...
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Wonderful base!”
Reviewed September 20, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I stayed at Roag's End Cottage as part of a motorcycle tour of The Hebrides. The owners made me welcome to their superbly appointed cottage which is equipped with everything I could have possibly required for a comfortable stay. Roag's End is superbly situated for anyone wanting to tour Lewis and with Golden Eagles on your doorstep who could ask for more? Five stars plus!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Lovely airy feel.
Liked least: Leaving!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
janebarne...
Munich, Germany
“Wonderful Property”
Reviewed August 10, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We had a lovely stay recently at this cottage. It is a lovely property with everything you could need for self catering. The village of Carloway is very central for exploring and there are many beaches locally. The property is of a very high standard with lots of natural light and homely touches. We would definitely return.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Detached property with lots of light
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Paulnorth...
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Something rather special”
Reviewed August 4, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

This cottage is very impressive. Outside it fits well into the environment and, inside, as well as having the benefits of being extremely modern, airy and spacious, it feels just right for the beautiful area it is set in. I have stayed in many holiday rentals which have been good. This suited me well and is possibly my favourite. If people's preferences are for more traditional accommodation with low ceilings and a cosy cottage look then this may not be for them. Personally I found it to be cosy in any case. I was interested in the other trip advisor comment which I read before renting the cottage which was less favourable than my own. It almost sounded as if two stars had been knocked off because of lack of salt, sugar, tea and loo rolls. As this is a self catering cottage I didn't have much expectation for any extras apart perhaps from the loo rolls! To set the reviewer's mind at ease I can say that your comments have been taken on board. I found salt, pepper, tea, coffee, milk, eggs laid freshly by the owners' own hens, wine and lovely flowers as well as enough loo rolls to satisfy the needs of an average sized elephant. True there is no Wifi but I came to the cottage fully aware that this was the case and it didn't prevent me from booking. I appreciated the visit from the owner early on to check that everything was satisfactory and to offer some information about the island which was very useful. Many thanks to the owners for creating something rather special and out of the ordinary.

Chris J
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 20, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

The perfect holiday cottage. Beautifully renovated and immaculately clean. The owners were so helpful and the cottage had everything we needed. A real gem.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: A really excellent renovation.
Liked least: Having to leave at the end of our stay!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
2bing
Ballater, United Kingdom
“new, clean, but....”
Reviewed July 13, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

nicely refurbished, very clean, new!
simple but important things like salt, sugar, tea, extra toilet paper etc. was missing. no wifi!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Management Response
Jul 17, 2015
Guests are kindly reminded to read our Holiday Letting information carefully before booking.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing