“perfectly quaint”

The Holy Coo
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed December 17, 2012

happened upon The Holy Coo while on a weekend trip to Port Ellen. The open sign and balloons grabbed my attention. I walked inside to find a lovely and small place, with two of the nicest folks i have ever met. they got up and offered me their seat next to the heater while making sure i was super taken care of. The cracked pepper, tomato and bean soup was perfect for the weather. The scones were also the best I'd ever had. Sad that I had to leave, but next time I find myself on the Islay, I will be swinging by.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great place to go for either coffee and cake, or a meal. PHONE NUMBER AT THE TOP OF HERE IS WRONG. ACTUALLY 01496 301427

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went here while on a visit to Bowmore Distillery. Had the best hot chocolate ever. There was a lovely selection of food. The vegetable soup was delicious. we had a selection of sandwiches to share and the fruit cake and carrot cake was good. We had a lovely holiday on Islay and hope to go back very soon. If you ever go to Islay, you MUST go here!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Strange little bistro in the main street of the town. Went for a quick bite in the afternoon. Place was open but kitchen was closed as it was a bit late. No problem. The owner whipped us up some soup,salad and sandwiches with home made bread along with cappuccino. Excellent food and made us overlook the eccentric bric-a-bracs scattered all over the restaurant with its pink colors and lacy cushions and curtains.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our meal of soup and homemade bread was superb in this small, intimate bistro located in Bowmore. Locals mingled with visitors to Islay to enjoy the wonderful food.