The new menu, introduced in December 2012, has none of the flair, variety or invention of old. Instead, it offers the kind of familiar pub grub found in many of Stirling's family-orientated restaurants. My main course (passable fare and well presented) came without potatoes or vegetables. Certain types of potato were listed as side dishes, but no vegetables (unless you count sautéed mushrooms) - a curious omission. Waitress service left a little to be desired, too. No one ran through the specials and when we'd finished our main courses, our plates were cleared and no one thought to return and ask us about dessert or coffee. Perhaps the waitresses were new to the role, but they need to up their game. The Inn at Kippen is an appealing venue in a pleasant location and we'd like to see it succeed. But our latest dining experience there was a disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kippen is a traditional Inn located in the historic village of Kippen. Nestled at the foot of the Campsie Hills with views north to the Highlands. The Inn offers a peaceful and tranquil haven to enjoy great food, drink and accommodation. Food is served all day, every day, within a relaxing ambiance. We have two dining areas offering both a casual or more formal experience. We have comfortable and stylish en-suite accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Inn at Kippen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kippen Hotel Kippen
- The Inn At Kippen Scotland