Visited in October this year, arrived to a lovely, clean and warm room which was a good size and very comfortable.
This is pretty much what you would expect mind, what you wouldn't expect is the extremely warm and friendly welcome from Gordon and his staff. Evening meal was lovely and the array of Whiskeys available really do make this a place to stop if your a fan of a dram or two. Turns out the owner is extremely well known in Whiskey production circles and as such his knowledge is second to none and certainly broadened our tastes.
But thats enough about Whiskey, the Inn is close to both Loch Lomond and Stirling which is a nice town to visit, and its not far from the big two cities of Glasgow & Edinburgh.
Breakfast was also very nice and you could tailor what you wanted. If we had to be picky you could say the menu is fairly limited with 6/7 mains but it was very nice and there was a mixture of meat dishes.
Certainly worth a visit especially if you stay with evening meal and breakfast included in the price like we did, as you can just sit back and relax in the cosy surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Kippen is a traditional Inn located in the historic village of Kippen. Nestled at the foot of the Campsie Hills with views north to the Highlands. The Inn offers a peaceful and tranquil haven to enjoy great food, drink and accommodation. Food is served all day, every day, within a relaxing ambiance. We have two dining areas offering both a casual or more formal experience. We have comfortable and stylish en-suite accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your The Inn at Kippen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Kippen Hotel Kippen
- The Inn At Kippen Scotland