“Outstanding!”

The Inn at Kippen
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Kippen
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The new look Inn at Kippen has it all, whether you are looking to have a quiet drink and a chat, lunch with friends or family, an intimate meal for a special occasion, a venue for an important function, or somewhere for a comfortable stay.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Chef Mark and his partner Alice used to work at the excellent Harbour Cafe on Venachar Lochside. They have now taken over this old established Inn in the lovely village of Kippen. Mark is a creative chef who does not compromise on quality. The menu is quite small but there are specials which we were told depend on availability of fresh, good quality ingredients.

The meal we had included the trio of lamb and the venison, both of which were excellent. The staff are friendly, the ambiance warm and welcoming. The new owners have only been there for a short time but I would confidently predict that this will soon have a top reputation. Don't hesitate, give it a try.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a wee gem tucked away in the countryside just off the main road in Kippen. Refurbished to perfection. I would of loved to have stayed and eaten but there was a limited menu for persons with dietry restrictions - the only white meat was beer battered haddock ( I can't eat beer battered ) no chicken or turkey no pasta only lamb beef or pork ( I can't eat red meat ) - and I don't like vegetarian. This was such a disapointment to me and I was embarassed when we advised the waitress that we had changed our mind. I can see from other reviews that you do vary your menu but you really do need to have at least 3 alternatives and remember people like me - thanks

2  Thank TheBuchanansScotland
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We visited after hearing The Inn had new owners and was back to a good standard. Extremely impressed! No surprise it was packed on a rainy Wednesday afternoon. Friendly, efficient service. Good selection of drinks, but the star of the show was the food. I had difficulty selecting from the menu as several dishes caught my eye. No doubt I would have enjoyed whatever I'd picked, such was the quality of the ingredients. Delicious scallops, handmade burger was the best I've had in a long time and crispy chips. Just about had room for a chocolate fondant for dessert! So light and perfectly gooey in the middle - no mean feat. Rounded off with a very decent coffee. Look forward to coming back soon. Perhaps it'll be warm enough to sit in the beer garden.

1  Thank louise s
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit under the new ownership. The atmosphere was humming the night we were there, but despite being extremely busy, we were looked after very well. the food was absolutely delicious. My only regret was that we would have loved more vegetables, but in every other respect a very enjoyable evening. We look forward to,returning!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Our second visit to the new Inn in a matter of weeks. Great atmosphere, great unique food and looking at how busy they were it was nice to see so many locals coming back. It just goes to show that with the right menu well priced there really is a place for the Inn at Kippen to thrive.

3  Thank PaulGoodwin3