“Nice stop off for brunch on our travels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Fintry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fintry
The Fintry Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Fintry B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice stop off for brunch on our travels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stopped off here for brunch on our way up to Arrochar on 4th May 13. The food was amazing, all home made, even their tomato sauce was home made. We had the burger and its the best burger I've had in a long time. The staff were very friendly, I would definitely stop off here for food again, infact I would make a point of going back. On leaving the Inn we decided to fill up the oil in the car for safe measures for our journey ahead, the bar man must have seen us through the window with our car bonnet up and came out to see if we needed a hand or a jump start, which I thought was vary nice of him. Thank you for great food and great service :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Balfron, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

No public bus service and parking on Main Street. I had heard it had recently changed hands so looked in for lunch midweek; staff plus tradespeople renovating the toilets!!
The Fintry Inn was open with a nice log fire and pub atmosphere / layout.
The menu is not extensive but almost everything seems to be produced on the premises by Julie and Craig - the food we had was excellent (soup, steak pie and gammon steak) and there is a real ale available with the regulars. We will certainly go back.

Room Tip: Only a pub - no bedrooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We visited the Fintry Inn on Easter Monday and we had a lovely meal here. I had the chicken pie and it is the best I have ever tasted! The burgers were delicious, particularly the lamb burger. Chocolate brownie with toasted marshmallows was a highlight for my friend. I could not have made a better Eves pudding myself.
The decor needs some work but that is secondary to the fact that it was a delicious, home-cooked meal all round. Keep up the good work.
Yum!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AprilMaxwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Think I've been god knows how many times and tried everything. Not a bad word to be said. Highlights are the steak pie, almost all the starters and the brownie is to die for! Service is warm and friendly as well - as are the locals.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Camparisteve74
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Whilst out for a drive we popped into the Fintry Inn for something to eat. What a treat. Real homemade steak and ale pie. Not one of those bought in and served in an ashet with little meat floating in gravy - no this was homemade, packed with melt in the mouth steak and is the best I have tasted when eating out. As someone has said there were a couple of mushrooms in it but I disagree they were there to eek out the meat. This pie was packed full of steak.

The decor is 'old pubby' but you do not eat the decor. If you like good food treat yourself to a trip out to the Fintry Inn. You will not be disappointed. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marandt
glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Dropped into the fintry inn for some lunch. Enjoyed lunch outside in the beer garden. Food was lovely, not run of the mill (heat from frozen menu) Food all fresh and homemade, including tomato sauce. Hand cut chip were perfect. Service very welcoming. The actual premises have character but in need of some decoration but that's how I like country bars. Totally recommend as owners are obviously making an effort to serve good, tasty food instead of the usual frozen fried bar food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank annabanana1976
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Sat nite and was meeting up with friends for a quiet drink. I was running late so my friends were already there. I walked in to b looked at by locals as tho I had horns on my head, (was rather uncomfortable) so heading over to friends table to ask if anyone would like a drink. When I went to bar I was just looked at so asked barman for a vodka soda n lime. To b grunted with "ICE?" no thank u I said and the drink was banged down infront of me. What a Way to serve ur customers.
Later on my friend had put £2 in jukebox only for the barman to switch whole thing off just when first song came on and no reason to why it was turned off! (no money was givin back.)
Totally disgusting to treat paying customers in this way and to top it off this was the owner! None of us will be back and it is not recommend and won't be to any friends or family. SHOCKING PLACE!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank nikkirky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fintry
Glazert Country House Hotel
Kincaid House Hotel
Kincaid House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Milton of Campsie
Campsie Glen Holiday Park

Been to The Fintry Inn? Share your experiences!