“Simply superb Indian cuisine”
Review of Allan Water Curry House - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This is our local Indian restaurant on Henderson Street here in Bridge of Allan. We usually order a takeaway and walk up to collect, but this evening following a successful job interview today :), my husband and i went along for a meal within the restaurant. This was our second time sitting in, and as usual, the service was second to none, polite courteous staff, warm and welcoming. The restaurant is small and cosy, very well decorated, and immaculate!. Soft comfortable seats, crisp white linen table covers, well laid out with excellent cutlery. Can recommend the house white wine Pinot Grigio...delicious, and the waiter keeps it in the fridge chilling for you between glasses.
We had the sharing platter starter for two....really fresh and tasty food with x3 sauces, served really hot and tasted delicious. Main meals with fresh prepared nan bread arrived, placed on candle heaters to avoid becoming cold, again just delicious, freshly prepared food, flavoursome and sooo fresh!...too much food, so had a doggy bag to take home also.I haven't tasted such good food for a long time, and you can be sure whenever you go in you will have the same dining experience where you are well looked after, but not constantly being interrupted, thier customer service is just right.
If you like good Indian food, freshly prepared, excellent staff in a lovely enviroment, and for a good price, then this is the place to visit....once you do, like us you will be going back again and again!

1  Thank mootsandtoots09

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Recently changed hands and know under Rana"s banner. Used it for a carry out, our son doesn't eat curries so had a pizza instead - no complaints. Order placed, I went to collect at the suggested time had to wait a further 20 minutes not good. Food, mushroom dish in the brightest red sauce I have ever seen, Chicken Tikka Massala in a bright yellow creamy sauce, finally Goan Fish dish another bright colour with a hint of green-that was the chopped up Chilli which was the only thing that resembled a flavour on Indian cuisine. Could not recommend this to anyone nor will we return.

1  Thank emenem23
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had the best chicken tikka I had in a long while and easily beats the competition in Stirling and surrounding areas. It is very reasonably priced for what you get the portion sizes are HUGE and can easily feed 2 people! The atmosphere is homely due to the size and service very friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant and I'm planning on returning.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

As others have stated its a take a way with a few tables. I visited not long after it opened as I had been visiting BoA a few times on business. I had Rice, Curry (Rogan Josh Tasteless) and a nan. For what I got the bill was extorsionate. Would not repeat the experience. However it is Bridge of Allan and they probably need to charge high to pay high rates. As I noticed even the Chinese take a way prices were steep.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant is really a carry out shop with a few tables added so be prepared for the phone ringing and customers collecting their meals non stop. This tells you the food is good enough to eat just not sit in. The young girl had what you would call an irritating cough which irritated us the whole meal They threw in a free drink to compensate I think it was the girl who was in need of a drink.