The Queen's Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Royal Hotel(Bridge of Allan)
Carisdene(Stirling)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Hotel Colessio(Stirling)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I had a very basic small room which was very functional. The bathroom was very nice and the breakfast was really very good. My reason for an average review is that I was on a business trip and the wifi was pretty much dysfunctional which made it next to impossible for me to get any work done. I do not rent hotels without wifi.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Keith D, Owner at The Queen's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear KentM,

I read your review and was sorry to note that you found the wifi to be poor.

We have 2 wifi codes available for all our customers and wonder if you could tell us of which room you stayed in so we can check the signal strength.

Having read your review we have checked all signal strengths and put additional routers into our rooms.

Many thanks for allowing us to make these changes as without your comments we could not make further changes.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to the Querns hotel, I visited in April with my friend to celebrate her birthday and have to say I really liked this hotel so returned with my husband in June to celebrate my birthday.

This really is a lovely hotel but could do with some updating, on my first visit I stayed in a twin room which was spacious and had everything you need, bathroom was lovely and beds were comfortable, this time we stayed in a suite which was very spacious although the double bed was not as comfortable, it had a great shower and jacuzzi bath which was a lovely touch of luxury! Unfortunately I did not have a very good sleep as it was very noisy outside around 3am when people were leaving the nightclub which is downstairs, the noise seemed to go on for ever, it sounded as if the window was wide open but it was shut.

On my 1st visit breakfast was amazing, however this time it was very greasy and I did not enjoy it as much.

On both my visits I sampled a cocktail from the bar and on my last visit sat outside in the sunshine , cocktails were lovely.

All of the staff were friendly, however I felt on check in no information was provided regarding where to get breakfast or what time this was served, no information was given regarding my stay, on both visit I was given a key to the room and told where to find it, I do feel that more information should be given upon check in.

Bridge of Allan is a lovely place, I would return to the queens hotel but I feel this hotel could be so much better if some changes were made.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your 2nd visit and we are thankful for the feedback as it allows us to monitor and make changes where needed.

Having taken the hotel over in February we are constantly making improvements from listening to our customers and to enhance the experience.

Many thanks for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Keith

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Modern, boutique-like hotel. Wee bit tired interior though; could well do with some redecorating. Room spacious enough (under the roof, so only Velux windows), very spacious bathroom. Could have done with a light on the desk; would have been more comfortable for reading the newspaper. And shower drained very slowly. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not above the bar if you want a quiet night (as far as that is possible in the middle of town).
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Birgitta559

Dear Birgitta559,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Queen's hotel, I was very grateful to receive your feedback as without your comments we would be unable to make the necessary improvements to enhance our guest experiences.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was booked for my wife's 40th birthday. Prosecco lunch felt like a small bit of luxury, dinner was master chef standard and room was spacious with comfortable bed. A couple of minor points was the bathroom a bit tired and they ran out of potato scones for brekkie but as we got a great deal can't complain too much. We're looking forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan422014
Keith D, Owner at The Queen's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear Alan,

Thank you for your feedback and we are grateful for the points that you have mentioned.

We do hope that we can welcome you both back soon and please do contact us directly if there is any further feedback for our team.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a deal...met bt Megan at reception who was great...nothing was too much trouble...afternoon tea was fantastic..great sandwiches...salmon and cucumber...smoked ham and egg mayo..amazing fresh cakes and home made jam and cream, pink lemonade with raspberrys n strawberrys was delish... and brilliant prosecco..havent had better in a while...service was brilliant..very friendly attentive staff. ROOM.was huge..great bathroom with arran aromatics toilitries and fluffy robes in the wardrobe...clean...neat and fresh...havent had dinner yet but so far i would highly recommend this hotel and the food and drink...will deffo return.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Doobles14,

As a team we are very thankful for your review and we know that Megan is especially happy to be recognised by you for the service provided.

We aim to provide warm friendly service and an enjoyable experience and are delighted you received both.

We hope to welcome you back soon.