The Queen's Hotel
The Royal Hotel(Bridge of Allan)
$100
Stirling Court Hotel(Stirling)(Great Value!)
$84
$82
Travelodge Stirling City Centre(Stirling)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Old Churches House Hotel(Dunblane)(Great Value!)
$79
$111
$133
$107
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located right on a busy high street, The Adamo, Bridge of Allan is a bar, nightclub (open till 3am) and restaurant, which also has (as an afterthought perhaps?) 11 hotel rooms. The décor is very attractive and the young, friendly, inexperienced staff give the impression that they would like to be helpful, but things keep going wrong – sometimes amusingly and sometimes very irritatingly.

The car park has spaces for 15 cars (more than the number of rooms) but is seemingly intended for clubbers and not those staying in the hotel. On each of the three nights we were there, we had to park a good 5 minutes walk away.

We found that our room had a kettle etc. but no tea bags – only exotic infusions; we had to ask three times for some tea to be provided. There were damp stains on the ceiling and on our second day we noticed water running down the wall, possibly from a leaking pipe in the room above. We reported this and we were offered another room. We said no as the leak was small and it hardly seemed worth moving. During our final night the leak worsened considerably, which we reported at checkout, only to be told that there was no record of it having been previously been brought to the hotel’s attention.

The bar has signs asking patrons not to make too much noise but the sound of drunks waiting for taxis in the street outside made sleep impossible until well after 3am. This would probably be not quite so much of an issue during the colder months with the window shut, but we were there at the height of summer. We eventually realised that one reason the room was so very hot was that (during the warmest July for many years) the radiator was still on at full blast.

Breakfast is an interesting experience …but not if you are in a hurry. Unlike pretty well every hotel nowadays, the Adamo does not have a buffet. Each day we were welcomed nicely and then brought cereal and tea/coffee without much delay. After this, anything can happen …or nothing at all. One day we waited 30 minutes for our cooked breakfast and, as no one else seemed to be around, had to go to reception to ask where it had got to. The waits were also quite long on the other days and we failed in our attempts to explain that we like our toast with our breakfast, not delivered to the table 10 minutes after the cooked dish. Many of the items on the breakfast menu were in fact not available. One morning every table sent back their ‘coffee’ as the cafetieres delivered contained only hot water poured on to the remains of the grounds from the day before. Ironically the cooked breakfasts were excellent; there is someone in that kitchen who really knows what they are doing – somehow that makes it all the more frustrating.

It is of course better to raise issues with the management before leaving, rather than on TripAdvisor but this did not seem to help. On checking out, I pointed out that we had had a large number of problems. The member of staff on duty did not want to talk about it and simply wished us a nice day!

Room Tip: Probably less noise from clubbers if you sleep at the back. Don't have room 7 till they've fixed the leak from the room above.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrEssex
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room was like a sauna with no air con / fan or ability to open window beyond a very tiny opening. Breakfast slow and had run out of 2 items. The staff were friendly but the heat was unbearable. Did not use the other facilities

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris1979abc
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We just spent two nights there in a large suite. Shortly after check-in we reported a burned-out lamp, and 48 hours later when we checked out it had still not been replaced. Reception staff double as wait staff simultaneously, and it's a wonder they're not cleaning rooms at the same time. They struggled to keep up with four tables in the dining room, and kept apologizing for being so busy even though 2/3rds of their tables were empty.

While the physical facilities are nice, hospitality services are sub-par. Don't even think about requesting a second key--Adamo is just not capable of handling such requests, even for those paying top rates.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank J F
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights booked by employer as I was working at Stirling Management Centre. Thought I had lucked out when I saw huge room (Room 3) with big seating area, dressing room and spa bath. A wee bit shabby round the edges but overall a nice room.

First night (a Thursday) I slept well but the next two nights I realised I was right over the hotel entrance and there is a club in the basement which is open until 3am so I had the joy of listening to drunken ramblings and laughter all night. As someone else has mentioned, they didn't do breakfast until 8am on Sundays which meant I couldn't start work until later than I wanted to and when I did go down at 8am, the chef hadn't actually turned up so it was cereal and toast, not even any fruit as they didn't know where the chef kept it!

The following weekend colleagues who had stayed here before actually refused to stay again because of the noise issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I had been advised that the single rooms are very small, but I found them perfectly adequate and the use of space efficient. I was over for my son's graduation and was very happy with everything. Unlimited water, either still or sparkling which is a nice touch.
I have also stayed in Adamo, Stirling where the rooms are bigger. I can recommend either hotel.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo