“Superb ! You will not be disappointed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Queen's Hotel

The Queen's Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bridge of Allan
Braintree, United Kingdom
“Superb ! You will not be disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We have used this hotel before for family get togethers, and we always had a great time and December 2011 for christmas was the best decision we made and we were not disappointed, can not fault the service we received, from the moment we arrived we were made to special ! as the family arrived to celebrate Christmas it was actually like being in your own home without the stress of getting dinner together and all the pressures that only Christmas can apply, Our whole family had a wounder full Christmas and would recommend the Adamo for any occasion, many thanks to the great team at the Adamo bridge of Allen.

Room Tip: Take the town house !
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stay at the Adamo Bridge of Allan on regular occasions. It is clean,and the breakfast is 1st class.

The staff are polite and courteous, and the rooms are of a generous size. Bridge of Allan as a number of eateries offering fine cusine, all within easy reach of the Adamo. Alternatively you could choose to eat in, which is ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Livingston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

It was my husbands birthday and I wanted to treat him, myself and our two year old girl to a special weekend away. I know Bridge of Allan well and thought the Penthouse and the Adamo would be a good shout. In some respects it was exactly what I wanted, the hotel and room decor was lovely and walking in to the room you do get a wow factor. The space of the Penthouse is great and the bathroom was gorgeous with a sunken bath and one of the most amazing showers I have ever had. There is a but coming, I felt there was a lot that let this trip/hotel/room down. Firstly, the room had a sitting lounge area, a bed area, bathroom, kitchen area, and dining area - the dining table however had no chairs! I can well believe that it was an oversight and they had obviously been used for something else, I called down to reception and asked for chairs which they did bring up but they were not the comfy ones I had seen in the photos of the penthouse but failry standard conference chairs. Anyway moving on, we went out and bought a takeaway to take back to the room, went in to the kitchen and there was only one plate, looked for wine glasses and there was only one. Again I phoned down and asked for more to be brought up which they did promptly. I found all of this very strange when the room's kitchen is quite clearly designed for those who like to cook and dine - there were 3 ovens (but no microwave). Also I was confused about some of the other applicances - it appeared that there were also 2 or 3 dishwashers - but on after thought I think one of these was just a unit which had lots of concealed water in it - why? There were other cupboards with lots of what appeared to be rubbish in them, one was filled with paper and conference pads - I mean seriously does house keeping not look in these drawers and do basic checks? Normally I would not be so picky on things like this but when you pay quite a bit of money you expect the basics to be in place. On the plus side we did go for a meal in the restaurant on one night and the food was lovely and very tasty and reasonable cost too, the waitress was a bit grumpy and didnt know the answers to many of our questions, but in her fairness she did tell us that she doesnt normally work int he waitress and also didnt know why she had to do it tonight - lovely we thought!. We did have breakfast on the first day in the restaurant and it was table service which did take a bit of time plus we asked for toast twice and it never came. The other thing - big thing- to be aware of is that in the penthouse they have floor spot lights, all the lights in the room are controlled by a remote. it was guess work how to use this remote as no instructions were left. We could not work out how to turn of the floor lights so these were on the whole time - they were not so bright to keep us awake but on the sunday morning my toddler stood on one and burnt her foot quite badly. It was quite a traumatic experience and although I know it not the fault of the hotel that she stood on the light (though a warning sign for the lights could have been good) I do feel that once they kew of the incident the very least they could have done was come up to the room to see if they could turn the lights off. We did get their first aid kit though. We ordered breakfast to be delivered to our room on this morning as our wee girl was so upset and her foot obviously sore. The order I gave was not what we had delivered, wont go in to the details of how it was wrong but none of the 3 meals were as I asked and again they did not bring the toast! I have been quiet harsh on this hotel as I feel it really let itself down with such silly things. It is a lovely hotel and really has the potential to be a fabulous wee boutique style place but honestly it needs someone to really take control of what is going on - look at your rooms, do the basic checks, look at your restaurant service and get the orders right, speed up the process and dont make the customer feel awkward when one member of staff says no we are not doing childrens meals at this time and another member of staff (possibly the manager) saying that you do so you are left in a he said/ she said situation - I mean really. I was frustrated by this hotel for all these reasons, if it was a dive I would say well what do I expect but this is not. The final clincher for me was when on check out I was presented (and then quickly it was taken back) with the final invoice which showed the cost of the room was £100 cheaper than what I had paid for through Expedia. Apparently by booking through Expedia I paid more than what it would have cost direct - even though I checked the cost on the hotel website prior to my Expedia booking and the cost on that was considerably greater. I would eat in the restaurant again purely down to the quality of the food (not due to the service) but I doubt I would stay in the hotel again and if I did I certainly would not fork out the cost to stay in the 'superior' penthouse!

Room Tip: Dont bother with the penthouse!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy B
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

On checking in we were told our twin room was actually a double, but we could separate the beds if we wished. For some reason there was only one key for the room which is not ideal for two people.

At first the room looked interesting and modern in its decor, although very dark. On closer inspection however there were lots of issues. Many of the tiles on the bathroom floor were cracked and there were holes in the carpet by the beside table. One of the single beds pushed together with the other single seemed to have a fault, as the mattress sagged terribly in the middle as if the springs had broken. The kettle needed a good descaling! The Jacuzzi shower and bath didn't work and the jet stream from the shower was pretty weak. The draw handles in the wardrobe were very loose and came out of place.

We asked for a quiet room and so were put at the back. There was however some kind of refrigeration box below the window which was quite noisy. We kept the window open as the room was very warm and there was no air con but even if we had wanted to shut it, it wouldn’t actually close, as the window didn't seem to fit the frame!

We stayed during the week so the club night wasn't on, so no noise from the club. Breakfast was good and they seemed to have sorted the other issues that people have mentioned e.g. we had toast, jam, were offered sauce when we asked for it and it wasn't too slow in arriving. I think there was also fruit on the menu which some other people mentioned was missing.

Overall I would say that this hotel looks good on the surface but the rooms have probably significantly deteriorated since it opened and small but important faults have not been fixed/ repaired. In light of all of this I would say it was definitely not a boutique experience and was very over-priced.

I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it and until these issues have been resolved I would say you are better spending your money elsewhere.

I would be happy to send the hotel photos of some of the room faults if they want them.

Room Tip: If you choose a room round the back you won't get the road noise, although not a particularly ni...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank campbell t

Travelers are raving about these Bridge of Allan hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked a standard room and soon realised our error as it was tiny. The room was very dark too, couldn't see properly, but good facilities ie: Large TV, nice bathroom, even a fridge freezer, iron and ironing board! Breakfast was good, lots of choice and big portions, and served till quite late.
Be warned, this hotel is like a furnace, no aircon and really humid (not great for an asthma sufferer), so we had the window cranked open the whole stay, which being at the front of the hotel on the main street was a bit noisy at night.
Staff very friendly and helpful, and great location, close to all ameneties.

Room Tip: Don't pick Room 2 on the 1st floor!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as we were attending a wedding reception close by. The staff were always polite and welcoming and assisted with our bags on arrival.We were staying in a suite which was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. We had two bathrooms (one with just a shower, the other with bath/shower and toilet) as well as a lounge with two chaise longues, large plasma tv and drinks area. On arrival we discovered the sink in the bathroom would not drain but this was quickly fixed when we told reception. The shower room did not seem to have a main light but we ended up too busy to report this! The room, and in fact the whole hotel in general was very warm (which I liked but others may have found a bit stuffy?). Breakfast was til 11am which is always welcome when you know you will be having late nights. The choice at breakfast was very nice and service was very good. There is also free parking behind the hotel.The bar is open until 1am and there is a nightclub underneath which is open til 3am. Luckily our room was on the 2nd floor so we were not disturbed too much by noise but we still heard people leaving the club and other guests we knew actually wanted to move rooms due to noise. This is the only thing I would take note of, otherwise we had a very enjoyable stay and would return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor to avoid noise from the bar and nightclub.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lorienstanfield
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Room here was quite nice .it has been an old hotel refurbished but clean and modern.Nice jet pool bath and spacious room however this was the deluxe room.Food real pricey for amount of food we got .£9 for 2 glasses of wine.Waitresses need more training and skirts were a bit short especially for a 4 star hotel.There is a nice bar area with a separate sports tv area which is fine when football on.if the barman reads this a bit more sugar in the mojitos!Only a double bed in the deluxe room -would have expected a king size.Read on trip advisor about noisy revellers coming out of the basement nightclub at 3am and my god they didn,t disappoint!Very loud and noisy and because rooms are so hot we had window open so we could,t win!Went on til about 5am and by this time we were shattered.Seems the whole of bridge of allan converged at this doorway at 3am.Anyway would,t go back simply for this reason.At breakfast no fresh fruit to be had which for 4 star is poor and no jam or marmalade!please!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Friars Wynd Hotel
#4 of 21 in Stirling
Premier Inn Stirling City Centre Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Stirling

Been to The Queen's Hotel? Share your experiences!