“Yep, its a clean sweep of 5 stars”

The Allan Water Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Really decent food, prompt service, good price, friendly staff. What more is there to say. If you are in the area go here!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Ordered 4 x fish and chips from the take away.
The staff are friendly, banter between some members of staff was funny and entertaining whilst waiting to order. The fish is cooked to order but sadly was not fresh. OK for a quick meal but I will not be going again.

1  Thank Steige
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Go there frequently ,travel 15 miles to get there as no other chip shop like it near me
No bones ever in the fish and lovely big flakes of fish ,even the cats line up when they smell it
Ice cream amazing too ,a must if your in the area,even do a gluten free batter on a monday when they change there fat in the fryers

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Everytime we visit Scotland, we always go to this place for a meal.The staff are always friendly and helpful. The food always tastes delicious and fresh. I recently tried their mushy peas (I don't normally order this as a side dish due to bad experience in other fish n chip shops), and it was fantastic. It did not taste watery at all! After eating the medium sized fish, I felt really replete. My daughter on the other hand, although initially said the same thing has decided that there is still a room for pudding as soon as she heard the word ice cream (home made). I could not exactly remember what flavor did she order, but it tasted really, really nice (she let me had two spoonfuls). The other good point was that, they have a take away service. And the fish does not sit in the hot lamp as they cook the fish when someone orders it.
The only downside during my last experience in this Cafe were- if you have to be sitting in their chairs for a while, it starts to feel very uncomfortable. And during our visit, it was really hot. Although they have an air conditioning, this was not switched and the only window they have does not open wide (?due to health and safety as it was upstairs).

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have been here a few times and have always had a brilliant experience. They have a restaurant and normal take out for fish and chips on the other side of the shop. In their restaurant, they do not offer a huge selection of vegetarian options but their menu is well labelled, so as a vegetarian, it makes my life easier. Their vegetarian burger is wonderful and my OH loves their fish and chips, it's not the first time he has said it is "the best fish and chips I've ever had". They also have a nice selection of deserts! I love their ice cream smoothies and have never had such a drink taste so delicious. I would highly recommend to anyone, as although their prices can be on the higher end of average, the quality is second to none.