“Nice Atmosphere but limited menu”
Review of Adamo Restaurant

Adamo Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
larbert
“Nice Atmosphere but limited menu”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Popped in as my regular lunch restaurant was getting work done. Ordered a drink and asked about a light menu as I didn't want a full lunch, was looking for sandwiches or something like that. I was told that they didn't do food like that and they could mix and match what was on the menu if that would help. Settled for nuts and crisps!

Nice decor and prices are ok but atmosphere was limited as there appeared to be some sort of works meeting on and people were going in and out so felt really busy and unsettled.

Stirling
“Surprisingly good bar food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We had the limited bar menu but the food itself was excellent. I feel they could extend the menu a little in terms of choice but cannot fault the burger and chips I had. We also had cocktails which were excellent but took forever to be made but all in all very good

Alva, Clackmannanshire
“Intimate...on a Wednesday”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked an early table - bar was busy but the restaurant was empty, which was fair enough for a Wednesday. Nice surroundings, right next to a beautifully fragrant vase of lillies....lovely music, the setting was warm and dimly lit. Food was kinda sparse. The starter was excellent, but the guinea fowl was dry and somewhat tasteless. Lost my eyesight looking for the Shitake mushrooms and the advertised shallots had been replaced with two slices of leek...

Looking down the feedback here, I wish we'd gotten the scallops menu...but hey...

Not sure if I would return here for the Adamo's version of fine dining, but it was a good evening all the same.

• Visited February 2013
Alva, United Kingdom
“Interesting”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were greeted at the bar very warmly and were asked to take a seat and our pre dinner drinks would be taken to us. We were told we would be shown to our table at any time we were ready. Despite the young lady being extremely busy she did keep an eye out and indeed guided us to our table. So far so good and service was great.

The menu was short, just the way we like it. Even with only 4 starters and 4 mains to choose from it all sounded lovely. I ordered the trio of salmon and the Aberdeen Angus steak.

The salmon and the steak were very tasty and the quality good. Biggest problem, and especially when paying £15 for a main was the quantity. I thought we had just been transported back to the early 80's! Really, if the Adamo wants more than 2 tables filled in an evening it needs to be looking at value for money. For the quantity of food that we got I would have expected a higher quality. All in all it was not bad.

• Visited February 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“New Menu - Fantastic”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have just had what I can only describe as one of the classiest and mouthwatering meals in all of my 50 years
Started off with succulent scallops, followed by local venison cooked to perfection followed by a fantastic chocolate delice WOW

This is the place to eat in the stirling area

• Visited January 2013