“Fantastic ”

The Old Bridge Inn
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional pub and restaurant, cask ales, fine wines and fresh, locally sourced food. Child and dog friendly. Reservations taken.
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Just down the hill as you reach the Main Street. Really tasty mussels to start outstanding sea bass as a main course. Food beautifully presented and a varied selection of dishes Great friendly service Good selection of beers and real ales. Cracking selective wine list. Dogs and kids made very welcome. We will be back. A place with a real feel good factor.

1  Thank dougiemfs
There are newer reviews for The Old Bridge Inn

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Absolute must visit. Beer and onion soup was a delight. Massive cut of lamb shoulder for my main which came served on top of a broth which was fantastic. Chef came out to explain the dishes which was really helpful. Nice staff and seemed very genuine. I'll be back

1  Thank BFitz10
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Went with my husband and mother-in-law for a quiet meal and were wonderfully surprised. Excellent food, congenial and knowledgable staff and lovely setting. As a gluten free diner, I appreciated the care paid to the preparation of my meal.

I have already recommended this place to friends and will definitely done there again when I'm in the area.

1  Thank sancannon
Reviewed April 17, 2014

A belated mothers day lunch .Well worth the wait, food excellent, friendly staff and the small free appetisers a nice touch. Hope this restaurant is here to stay, so people get out there and find it and enjoy this hidden gem.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited lunch 16th April. Okay it's not michelin, there's a place up the road for that. It's not perfect, but there is heart & soul.

Simon, our host, made us feel so welcome when we arrived and this theme continued until I reluctantly left.

Chef came out to talk my mum & I through the menu, so few eateries around care enough.

A little amuse-bouche to start, tantalising taste buds, setting us up nicely for the big flavours of the starters. Beer & onion soup, and potted ham. Tad heavy on the butter for me, but demolished every mouthful. Ratatouille Vegetables & goats cheese didn't inspire me but certainly looked a colourful plate. My liver & mash was soft, perfectly cooked, easily the best I've had in a long time.

My only disappointment was that I didn't have any room left for the sticky toffee pudding that sorely tempted me. A decent coffee served with shortbread help soothe my reluctance to totally over indulge.

As I mentioned earlier, I was reluctant to leave this cosy haven but I will return. I will certainly pace myself so I can have my pud!

Good luck to these young boys in a harsh and critical industry, full of "experts" at every turn.

2  Thank LisaC23