“Great for overnight stay”
Review of Strathaven Hotel

Strathaven Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Strathaven
Glasgow
“Great for overnight stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here after a wedding and thought overall that the hotel done a great job. A bit dated in decor but the service, food and cleanliness was very good. Good rates too for wedding guests and a served, not buffet breakfast, which is always nice! Well done!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the hotel on the 19,20 th oct 2012 . The occasion , our sons wedding. From the moment we arrived, till the moment we left we were made really welcome. The wedding went really smoothly thanks to all the staff involved in making it special for all concerned. The food was excellent and plentiful. All in all an excellent weekend that will be remembered for a long time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel in the Hamilton and Motherwell area, for which this is ideally placed.

My room was small and compact but adequate. The food was good, the service acceptable.

The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever has the displeasure to have tried to sleep in and I'm away in hotels 100+ nights a year.

I complained and asked to move room and was told they were full. Not what I was hoping for. I said the bed was rock hard and it was impossible to sleep. I was told " all our beds have firm mattresses". Not what I was hoping for. I managed 3 hours sleep and contemplated a) sleeping on a chair in the lounge or b) going out to my car. Not what I was hoping for

£164 bill for 2 nights, when a Premier Inn wouldn't have charged me... I'll take my business elsewhere

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank T7PDC
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were allocated a smoking room - which as non-smokers was a bit annoying. I assume the hotel was busy. Anyway a bit of a spray of my impulse and the stale smoke smell soon lifted. The radiator didn't work very well and needed a bit of tweaking. The room was very small but clean and really nice. We were also just at the top of the stairs so very noisy. At 7am the next morning we were woken with giggling from the reception area which was directly underneath us.

We had dinner in the lounge on the first evening and the food was fantastic. Really reasonable - £12.99 for two courses and £15.99 for three. Portions were quite generous as well. Breakfast - good choice of cereals, fruits, yogurt. We had the full Scottish breakfast first morning. Generous portion - the sausages weren't very good but the rest was fine. The second morning I had the smoked haddock and poached egg which was delicious.

Location wise it was perfect for a wander through Strathaven.

Room Tip: Don't get a smoking room at the top of the stairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

we visited this hotel as many of my ancestors were farmers in the area in the 19th and early 20th century.

It was a great base for our genealogy week, we spent 4 nights here in April 2011 ( I have only just discovered this site (tripadvisor.co.uk) and enjoyed my stay so much I wanted others to see the review).

We found it an excellent hotel, the staff and the owner were in particular exceptionally kind and helpful. I would like in particular to mention Jessie who served us our breakfast on several occasions for her extra-special service.

The area was beautiful and we were blessed with warm weather for all our stay, which made at all rather heavenly for both me and my wife.

If you want a quiet place to stay in the midst of rolling dairy farmland and tidy little towns and villages then this is a great choice. That its so easy to get to is also another plus, I'd recommend this Hotel every time.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

It wasn't my choice of hotel. It was a bit chintzy and old fashioned for my liking but i prefer the contemporary hotels, but it was warm and comfortable and clean. Was right next to the town which was good. Staff were friendly and courteous, nice big breakfast too.

• Stayed September 2012
Wetherby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions, both on business and for leisure. This time we booked at very short notice (on the same day), and managed to secure a room. As usual our welcome on arrival was pleasant and friendly. The room again as usual, provided high standard and comfortable furnishings. We had a meal in the hotel bar, where the range of dishes on the menu and the quality of food was very good. This visit produced the usual good service and the Strathaven Hotel will continue to be our first choice when requiring accomodation in this area

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathaven
New Lanark Mill Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rosebank
Bruce Hotel
Bruce Hotel
#7 of 7 in East Kilbride

Been to Strathaven Hotel? Share your experiences!